Peace

Started by The Obliterator, April 11, 2008, 01:18:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gen. Volkov

I'm with windy on this one. Not that it wasn't a nice run, but I wouldn't call it ownage. I don't think I attacked him and failed more than a few times, or failed at an espy more than like 7 times.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Shadow

Peace stayed on top for quite a while. Doesn't matter who was active and who wasn't, the point is that a decent indier with 60k land could have broken him solo in one run, and it still took online attacks to take him down.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Peace Alliance

And i think you're wildly off on that windy. I was under constant attack.

Gen. Volkov

QuotePeace stayed on top for quite a while. Doesn't matter who was active and who wasn't, the point is that a decent indier with 60k land could have broken him solo in one run, and it still took online attacks to take him down.

No it didn't. He was already broken for most of his land when the online attacks happened. Joy Division had 280k of Peace's original 317k, when Peace came online and starting hitting Joy Division online. I then onlined Peace as he was onlining Joy Division. But he had already dropped most of his net at that point. As for a solo break, I dunno, I'd be hard pressed to make 100 mil+ stoats in a single run on 60k. But yeah, a couple of indiers working together could have easily done it well before this. I'm not denying that it was a nice run, but I think windy's comment also has a lot of truth to it, because we really didn't put up much of a fight. We, in this case, being the more experienced players.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

The Obliterator

me and ally did it a week or two ago but then all our troops were murdered
Watching people fight is fun...
...but getting involved is so much better

Shadow

My point is that you can't use "we didn't fight back" as an excuse for losing a fight.

And I wasn't talking about stoats. Rats could have been done solo one run.

Alazar is Back

Quote from: Shadow on April 23, 2008, 05:40:33 AM
My point is that you can't use "we didn't fight back" as an excuse for losing a fight.

You can make over 300mil rats solo in one run on 60k land? wow what the hell am i missing?

Quote from: Peace Alliance on April 23, 2008, 12:02:21 AM

Constant attack from noobs i suicided you one time and broke you another than all of our troops were murdered.

Quote from: Wolf Snare on April 22, 2008, 03:51:08 PM
As it was, it was only me indying for him, and I was inactive most of his reign. admit it, peace owned you all proper.

Owned is a bit harsh doncha think?
Turbo Highest Rank:Co-Emperor with Wolf Snare, Emperor

One of the most underrated players at RWL..

Shadow

Quote from: Alazar is Back on April 23, 2008, 01:19:14 PM
Quote from: Shadow on April 23, 2008, 05:40:33 AM

You can make over 300mil rats solo in one run on 60k land? wow what the [haties] am i missing?

the fact that you didn't need 300 mil rats, mostly

Quote from: Peace Alliance on April 23, 2008, 12:02:21 AM

Constant attack from noobs i suicided you one time and broke you another than all of our troops were murdered.
should have been prepared for that - it was war after all..

Quote from: Wolf Snare on April 22, 2008, 03:51:08 PM
As it was, it was only me indying for him, and I was inactive most of his reign. admit it, peace owned you all proper.

Owned is a bit harsh doncha think?
[/quote]

nope, it's true

Alazar is Back

according to the espionage report he had something like 286mil rats......

I was prepared for war but my partner was not. Its all good we broke him anyways...
Turbo Highest Rank:Co-Emperor with Wolf Snare, Emperor

One of the most underrated players at RWL..

The Obliterator

Yeah soz about that ill be ready next time!!! ;)
Watching people fight is fun...
...but getting involved is so much better

Holby

Peace did a great job, and given that he only had Shadow, Wolf Snare, and Kell working for him it was especially impressive, I would want double that number to hold Emp. So I congragulate them all on such perfect execution.
I also suspect that Peace and co. got rather bored with it all, for in the 11 days I played before he was broken, Peace didn't appear to run more than once, if at all. Another testament to the Emperor.

I will not deleted this

Gen. Volkov

QuoteMy point is that you can't use "we didn't fight back" as an excuse for losing a fight.

But... we won. It just took awhile. Anyway, pointless argument. I still don't think we got "owned", but I do not deny that Peace did a good job.

Quotethe fact that you didn't need 300 mil rats, mostly

He's right, 150 mil rats could have broken him, unless he had guard towers and other defenses up against it. Knowing peace, he probably did, since it took a truly ridiculous number of stoats to break the bugger. So with the guard towers and such, 300 mil rats is probably a good figure to look at for a break. I can't think of any indiers I know who can make and support 300 million rats in one run on 60k, and then break someone for a significant amount afterwards. Stoats were the better choice here.

CobyCopper

60k land, 100% rats, only barracks, and a few billion food. I think it'd be quite possible to do. I don't the PA had that many towers either--he had to have a huge number of huts or he would have never been emp for so long. I decided against trying to break PA for a two weeks more, so I could continue running a strat.

Shadow

I think I worked out at one point that I could have broken him with 168 million rats. 300 million would have been major overkill. 170 million rats is certainly possible on 60k land.

Gen. Volkov

QuoteI think I worked out at one point that I could have broken him with 168 million rats. 300 million would have been major overkill. 170 million rats is certainly possible on 60k land.

If it was only 170 mil, that is possible, not easy, but possible. 170 mil rats is going to eat a lot of resources though if they are going to be maintained for long enough to take Peace out. So he'd have needed at least one mage partner to feed him cash and food. Anyway, that sort of goes to prove the laziness aspect of the whole thing.