Land gain system

Started by Shadow, April 05, 2008, 07:48:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow

Fri, 04 Apr 2008 12:36:30 -0600     Obscurum in Oriens (#288)
Clan:    Dark Side of the Moon (#23)
Clan: {(O)}    Naval Assault
2506 Acres
------------------------
Fri, 04 Apr 2008 12:36:19 -0600    Obscurum in Oriens (#288)
6 Acres
---------------------
Fri, 04 Apr 2008 12:36:14 -0600    Obscurum in Oriens (#288)
5 Acres
-------------------
Fri, 04 Apr 2008 12:36:12 -0600    Obscurum in Oriens (#288)
7 Acres
--------------------
Fri, 04 Apr 2008 12:36:02 -0600    Obscurum in Oriens (#288)
2669 Acres

Is it intentional that land gained can vary so much? I thought attacks were supposed to take roughly 5-10% of the land, depending on the attack type.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Firetooth

I dunno, one round first attack I got 12kland, the next attack I got 20acres lol
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Peace Alliance

Thats why i have dubbed the "peace alliance" bug. Programmed in many years ago by retto in total secret. I donno why the "bug" would latch onto you too... maybe you're just getting good enough it thinks you're me?

and here i am sittin in the low ranks somehow scraping 45k land from a bunch of people under 10k!!!

Curse is lifted! i must suck again!

Firetooth

Quote from: Peace Alliance on April 05, 2008, 07:01:46 PM
Thats why i have dubbed the "peace alliance" bug. Programmed in many years ago by retto in total secret. I donno why the "bug" would latch onto you too... maybe you're just getting good enough it thinks you're me?

and here i am sittin in the low ranks somehow scraping 45k land from a bunch of people under 10k!!!

Curse is lifted! i must suck again!
Now we are inheriting your curse?This is what I think of it!
[insert coulourful language here please thanks]
Is it affected by army desertions?
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Peace Alliance

I donno, but whatever it is it annoys me. When i broke shadow the other day with all 4 my groups the other day, the first two attacks gained me like 250 acres total... What was the point in buying out 20 mil stoats if i'm STILL not gonna get any land from it?!?

Death

It's just an old piece of [poop] code segment that has carried over from game to game, most people just fix it and forget it.

Firetooth

Quote from: Death on April 08, 2008, 08:41:49 AM
It's just an old piece of [poop] code segment that has carried over from game to game, most people just fix it and forget it.
I've had it on all promi sites I play, valhall doesn't have it to badly though. I usually just ignore it, LOL, stupid curse! >:(

Death

Yeah we fixed that like... I dunno, years ago I think.

Firetooth

Quote from: Death on April 10, 2008, 09:25:41 AM
Yeah we fixed that like... I dunno, years ago I think.
yeah, I still get it sometimes though.
Lol, the curse of peace alliance will always haunt us  >:(

Firetooth

Your raiders gather their provisions and venture forth,

Group 1 won through their opponents.
Group 2 won through their opponents.
Group 3 won through their opponents.
Group 4 won through their opponents.
Your Army breaks through Shadow's defenses and captures 2 Acres of Land! In the effort, you lost:
312,276 Skiffs
In their defense, Shadow lost:
313,136 Skiffs

Your raiders gather their provisions and venture forth,

Group 1 won through their opponents.
Group 2 won through their opponents.
Group 3 won through their opponents.
Group 4 won through their opponents.
Your Army breaks through Shadow's defenses and captures 3,500 Acres of Land! In the effort, you lost:
575,274 Skiffs
In their defense, Shadow lost:
140,211 Skiffs
*chuckles*

Peace Alliance

Well, the way i look at it those fluctuation's even themselves out. you hit once for 2 acres, then next for 3500, so basically in two hits you got 1701 acres per hit, and thats not bad.

Shadow

Quote from: Peace Alliance on April 12, 2008, 08:59:22 PM
Well, the way i look at it those fluctuation's even themselves out. you hit once for 2 acres, then next for 3500, so basically in two hits you got 1701 acres per hit, and thats not bad.

Not bad based on what? You don't know how much land the target had. It could be awful.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Peace Alliance

My point is it all evens out to be ok. We don't have land shortages in the game, so there would be no reason to change the averaged out amount of land that can flow... By fixing whatever it is, we would be making those chance low hitters disappear, raising the average land fluctuated, and that would only be necessary if we had a shortage of land. But even regular isn't that bad with me hogging it all. And it's not very hard on turbo to get yourself to more then 5 times everyone else's land before the run is over.

Firetooth

No I was using that as a compare, I got something like 2k the attack after the record breaking 2acres, my record amount of land on shadow (take in consideration they had 87k land, all troops broke through and no desertions) was something like 5.5k land, which isn't to bad.

taekwondokid42

The bug may have something to do with health. If you have a low or specific health, it may cause greater variations in the random variable?

Theoretically speaking, of course.