A riddle

Started by Firetooth, March 30, 2008, 12:39:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Firetooth

Anwsers? This is hard lol

A man was to be sentenced, and the judge told him, "You may make a statement. If it is true, I'll sentence you to four years in prison. If it is false, I'll sentence you to six years in prison." After the man made his statement, the judge decided to let him go free. What did the man say?
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

The Lady Shael

Heh, I've heard a version of this before, but I won't spoil it.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Firetooth

Try people, the answers easy but hard lol, a clue,  his reply must be true AND false.
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

pippin the mighty

Firetooth

Nice try, but no ;)

pippin the mighty

"If you don't let me go, I will punch your face in".

Or,

"Let the other man decide first".

Firetooth

no, lol still keep guessing :P

Shadow

He said "I will be sentenced to 6 years in jail"
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Firetooth

lol, yeah since then:
he can only be sentanced to 6years in jail if he lies, but then that is a truth, and he cant be put in jail for six years since he has requested six, so he goes free.

pippin the mighty

Sharptooh

I think I get it  :-\