What? NO!
9 (34.6%)
I donno what a nazi is
0 (0%)
Other
4 (15.4%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Peace Alliance

For some reason Shade wanted me to make this poll.

pippin the mighty

Germans, sorry I don't, they caused a lot of troube.

Sharptooh

Shade

*Sigh* This branched off a conversation I had with Peace earlier, The actual poll question was 'Is it wrong to not befriend someone based off of actions they have committed in the past' Example; A child molester moves in next door, for the purposes of the example, we will assume he has done his time, is it wrong for you to not become buddies with him based on the fact that he once molested children?

Somehow Nazi's got brought up...just to clarify, I do not support the Nazi's or their actions

Peace Alliance

re: shade being a nazi,

oh, OK, well thanks for clearing that up.

windhound

Godwin's Law ;)

Other for me.  They had some really awesome engineering..  their goal of world domination isnt the greatest, and their genocide was less than desirable...

Also because of them Lockheed created the P-38, one of the most beautiful planes evar :D
I'll take the good with the bad
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Firetooth

Not me! "Less then desirable" is a bit of an understatement, lol. I despise nazi's  for reasons of my own reasons...

Back to what this is about.
Depends on your attitude and there's. ;)
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

kell

I love military history so in that respect the Germans are awesome, people talk of the Romans, Alex the great, Napoleon, but what the Nazi war machine achieved far out did any thing we have or ever will see again
The Jewish thing can only be seen as a genocide plain and simple but then again the dropping of atomic bombs on large civilian cities could be seen as the same
founder of eire

first emp on the new server

Firetooth

Yes kell is right, dropping atomic bombs and whatnot is just as bad. Nazi's achieved nothing but pain and death and econimically damaged there country even more.
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Shadow

Quote from: Firetooth on March 25, 2008, 02:39:00 PM
Yes kell is right, dropping atomic bombs and whatnot is just as bad. Nazi's achieved nothing but pain and death and econimically damaged there country even more.

Not necessarily - the Germans were in terrible shape before the war, and the lousy economy was tearing the country apart. After the war, forced demilitarization actually greatly benefited their economy, and made them the G8 country they are today. The same thing happened in Japan. Losing the war was actually beneficial in the long run, in some aspects.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

pippin the mighty

windhound

Quote from: Firetooth on March 25, 2008, 02:39:00 PM

No No No...  nononnonononono

The US bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki is not remotely comparable to the holocaust of the Nazis

The US had to invade Japan.  It was calculated that the casualties of a brute force invasion would be horrific on both sides.
The atomic bomb, while horrible to drop on a civilian city, was effective.  Japan surrendered and the war was over, saving further deaths on both sides.
QuoteCasualty estimates for immediate deaths range from 40,000 to 75,000.[39] [40] [41] Total deaths by the end of 1945 may have reached 80,000.[2
- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atomic_bombings_of_Hiroshima_and_Nagasaki

The Nazi's needed a scapegoat for all the problems Germany had after WWI, the Jews fit.  So they singled out all the Jewish, Gypsies, and other 'undesirables' out of their homes and businesses and forced them into concentration camps
QuoteOther groups were persecuted and killed by the regime, including the Roma; Soviets, particularly prisoners of war; ethnic Poles; other Slavic people; the disabled; gay men; and political and religious dissidents, such as Jehovah's witnesses.[3][4] Many scholars do not include these groups in the definition of the Holocaust, defining it as the genocide of the Jews,[5] or what the Nazis called the "Final Solution of the Jewish Question." Taking into account all the victims of Nazi persecution, the death toll rises considerably: Donald Niewyk suggests that the broadest definition, including Soviet civilian deaths, would produce a death toll of 17 million.[6]
- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holocaust
edit-  Jewish Holocaust alone is measured at 6 million
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Firetooth

That's a lot. Still, wars are just stupid to me. A couple of big headed idiots fighting over a bit of land without thinking of the drastic lasting effects to economy and society.

lonewolf1817

war like wild fire is a nessicary thing. when the overal system of a 2 parties reaches a critical mass, war insues. and the lasting effect of the war stabalizes the overal well being of a economy.

- side notes , genocied is not the same as war, there for im not including africa in any part of that definition,
When you have done soemthing right, no one will know you have done anything at all