Can any body help me?

Started by pippin the mighty, March 24, 2008, 02:02:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sharptooh

Quote from: windhound on March 25, 2008, 03:04:34 PM
Macromedia Dreamweaver, though Adobe ate them

And Dreamweaver will happily show you the underlying code, my favorite way to use dreamweaver is split screen, code on top and WYSIWYG on the bottom

Best way to start with dreamweaver is from the templates...  staring from scratch doesnt work all that well if you dont want to touch the html

Yeah split screen is good but I suck real bad at coding  :P

I'm using this for school at the moment it's real easy to use on design view

pippin the mighty

I have that programme now, it is on my dads computer. He is going to try and put it onto the main pc which I use, so I should be able to work on one soon :)

Sharptooh

Hope you find it useful takes a while to get your head around, well I guess most things do lol

pippin the mighty

Lol :) Is that how you make a promisance, Im trying to.

windhound

Nope.
Dreamweaver can be helpful with layout of static pages
It does not, to my knowledge, support PHP

The best tool to use to edit php is a good text editor.  I use Kate in linux, metapad is decent for windows...  Sticker was using another one...
Notepad works fine, but I like syntax coloring
IE-

If you plan to play with promi code you need to be comfortable in a text editor...  do not use Word or WordPad, both will insert unneeded formatting that will mess things up
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Firetooth

Since you could to split page you could code in the basics of a promisance game, but it would be better to find a browser and make one there.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

pippin the mighty

I just feel like trying to make one, it is somthing to do, and I have always wondered what it is like to own a promi.

Firetooth

If you take ict and learn coding you could easy make one on dreamweaver and perfect it with coding, still would be better coded to a browser though. It also costs money to put a dreamweaver site on the net.
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

pippin the mighty

Not nesiceraly (spelt wrong), you can find some domains which are free, and even if you can't, I can get a domain to put it on pretty easily.

windhound

Couple things pip... 
Your host is going to need to have php support (common), a mysql database (less common), and control for crons (rare)
Conditions in the parenthesis are based on free hosting...  all paid-for hosts should include all three

If you just want to play with the code I can help you set it up on your own computer, assuming you have permission to install software...  you'd need Apache, MySql, and PHP...  honestly not sure about crons and windows, though you could manually make turns go

btw Firetooth, a site made in Dreamweaver is no different than any other...  and I'm not sure what you meant by coded to a browser nor making things in a browser.  The Mozilla suite has a builtin site editor, but eh.  You dont make websites in browsers, you view them.  Firefox is a browser.  Dreamweaver is an editor.
edit:  Nevermind.  You mean sitebuilders right?  Took me a sec

Apparently you can play with php in Dreamweaver though...  honestly, a text editor is what you're going to want, but if you want to use overkill feel free
http://www.adobe.com/devnet/dreamweaver/articles/php_videos.html
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

pippin the mighty

Quote from: windhound on March 26, 2008, 02:23:08 PM
Couple things pip... 
Your host is going to need to have php support (common), a mysql database (less common), and control for crons (rare)
Conditions in the parenthesis are based on free hosting...  all paid-for hosts should include all three

If you just want to play with the code I can help you set it up on your own computer, assuming you have permission to install software...  you'd need Apache, MySql, and PHP...  honestly not sure about crons and windows, though you could manually make turns go

btw Firetooth, a site made in Dreamweaver is no different than any other...  and I'm not sure what you meant by coded to a browser nor making things in a browser.  The Mozilla suite has a builtin site editor, but eh.  You dont make websites in browsers, you view them.  Firefox is a browser.  Dreamweaver is an editor.
edit:  Nevermind.  You mean sitebuilders right?  Took me a sec

Apparently you can play with php in Dreamweaver though...  honestly, a text editor is what you're going to want, but if you want to use overkill feel free
http://www.adobe.com/devnet/dreamweaver/articles/php_videos.html

I am not allowed to download things, dam :-(
I will have to just be a member or other on a promi then :-)

And sorry, that link at the end, the face scared me...

Sharptooh

I know you guys are more experienced at it than me but couldn't you use the formula's in a spreadsheet then enter that into a frame on the dreamweaver site?
Just an idea it'd probably take ages  :(

pippin the mighty

I am trying hard in my IT classes, but lately, I have anger management classes and miss all my IT lessons, :-(   Dam, I hate anger problems!! 

I am trying to study IT, so I can be realy good at it, it's somthing I do alot.

Firetooth

Bad luck :( you dont like your teacher from what I heard from you. Just count from 1 to ten if your mad, works for me

bjornredtail

FAF does not require access to contrabs. Old RWL and most other promis do, however. Most of the time if you have SSH access you ought to have access to contrabs.

0==={=B=J=O=R=N=R=E=D=T=A=I=L==>
AKA, Nevadacow
First person to ever play RWL

"Program testing can be used to show the presence of bugs, but never to show their absence!"-Edsger W. Dijkstra

Visit http://frostnflame.org today!