How many of you have ever tried roleplaying?

Started by Faerd, March 10, 2008, 01:20:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Have you ever tried Role-playing?

Yes
7 (50%)
Yes, and I would be willing to join a new RP that started up.
4 (28.6%)
No.
3 (21.4%)
No, and RP = Nubzcuzirteh1337sp34k3rz
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Faerd

Self explanatory.

Personally, I love to write fiction/fantasy, and roleplaying tends to help my writing sometimes, and it is fun as well so... yeah.

((And yes, this is a not-so-subtle ad for the new RP Arg and I have started up in the RP forum...))
"7/5th's of the world's populace do not understand fractions. 48% of all statistics are wrong"

"Because my Reality-Defining-Gun says so..."

~Faerd, Rhubarb of Randomness

Firetooth

I love rping and story writing. I've wrote several stories before.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

windhound

I dont mind RPing, but I generally lose interest fairly quick
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

pippin the mighty

I get to halfway in a story, then stop. But I am determined that I am to write a full story someday soon.

Firetooth

Quote from: pippin the mighty on March 10, 2008, 03:21:00 PM
I get to halfway in a story, then stop. But I am determined that I am to write a full story someday soon.
Haha you'll try ^^
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

pippin the mighty

Just for that, your not gona be in it! lol, jokes. Although I might do it on actual people... I might add connor in, o yeah, thats firetooth!

Firetooth

lol
What's it gonna be about? I remember that story we made eons ago...nobody else posted in it though...it died...as have many other rp's in the role playing section

Gorak

Victory without honour, is more shameful then defeat.

Gen. Volkov

It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Faerd

I sometimes do that at my school... we have this guy who's a great DM, like, the best DM ever... he's extremely creative, friendly, and makes stuff happen in ways that you don't ever get bored...

Want me to tell you the end result of one of the campaigns I did with him and some of my friends?

Lesse...

My character (paranoid whisper gnome rogue) lost all bowel control from the result of Max's (cleric) attempting to remove a stick lodged in his stomach and instead pushing it into his spine.
Jessie L's character (sorcerer) dies and is resurrected as a brain in a jar that can float and blast peoples' minds...
Joe's character (homocidal/suicidal ranger) lost all motor functions for a short time.
Sean's character (fighter) split a darkmantle (floating octopus) in half with a blunt stick.
Max's character (same cleric) became genderless as a result of a partial resist of a girdle of 1-way gender change.
Miles' character (sorcerer) came out unscathed... amazingly.
"7/5th's of the world's populace do not understand fractions. 48% of all statistics are wrong"

Gen. Volkov

I have the same sort of DM. My character ended up defeating Morgan Le Fey in one versus one combat. LOL. Most awesome character I've ever had. Well, he would have done it, but another person's character appeared in the nick of time to send her back to her own dimension, using the Holy Grail. See what I mean about a creative DM?
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Firetooth

Recently Gragy Gygax died. He was one of the people mainly behind dundgeons and dragons. Even though I don't play, it's still a bad loss.

Gen. Volkov

Gary Gygax, and yes, he essentially invented D&D.

Firetooth

Quote from: Gen. Volkov on March 12, 2008, 02:53:09 PM
Gary Gygax, and yes, he essentially invented D&D.
O yeah lol I sort of started off gary then tryed to spell the second name.. :-[

Faerd

Yeah, can't believe he died ><

Ooh, and Volk, you ever read Order of the Stick? It's like a D&D webcomic... pretty funny.

But yeah, my paranoid rogue was sooooo much fun to play. I literally would detect traps on almost everything that came in sight during the dungeon; rubble, walls, random objects, a patch of moss that I detected traps on earlier... etc.

=D