Construction Army Loss Bug?

Started by CobyCopper, March 08, 2008, 05:31:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CobyCopper

Due to lack of Cash, 3% of your Army has left!

Yeah--I had that happen to me. Any chance you can fix it? I noticed it was fixed with the General's Hut but it's still there with construciton.

windhound

Not a bug
its a feature

You simply ran out of cash...  The game will attempt to tell you if you're running low, but its a rough estimate at best

I guess it could be told to stop construction if you run out of cash...  but the simpler solution is to just make sure you have enough = )
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

CobyCopper

I thought I had enough and I had no warnings (you can build x number before you run out of money). Basically I'm more angry that it did it so many times... I don't know how the system is put together. BTW--I don't consider it a feature because it made me lose about 20% of my networth that run and I'm still down from it.

windhound

Like I said, the game gives a very rough warning
your cash and food losses can vary greatly from turn to turn and the warning system isnt all that intelligent yet

It'll do it once per turn, thus if you built on a large amount of land that takes 10 turns to build, but you ran out of cash on turn 3, you have 7 turns left with zero cash while the game keeps constructing

Its just the way the game is setup, and has always been setup...  it wont stop if you run out of cash.

It generally happens to everyone once, then they're more careful when they build

btw, I run leaders and if I have too many troops on me I'll sometimes use this feature to dump the rest of my army...  I dislike running heavy and you can only sell so much
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Wolf Snare

I think he encountered the problem because constructing also /costs/ money, and he may have had enough money before executing.
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Peace Alliance

The warning calculations are wrong and mustn't be counted on. I also agree that it should stop constructing if you are losing 3% troops.

pippin the mighty

I thought that was happening, it did for a while atleast?

Wolf Snare

haha, nice 3rd place ribbon  pip, you are doing amazing :D
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Firetooth

Nice work!
I had this before, It said no warnings (last round) so I proceeded to build 70k land camps but half my army+ deserted >:(
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

pippin the mighty

Quote from: Wolf Snare on March 10, 2008, 03:03:18 PM
haha, nice 3rd place ribbon  pip, you are doing amazing :D

I only wish it twas true.