Indy troubles

Started by Alazar is Back, March 05, 2008, 06:07:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alazar is Back

Ok, i have recently come to like to indy and at the beggining it gets me alot of net really fast, but unless i am working with someone i cant move up much once i hit 300mil networth....why is this? I see many of the elite players like shadow and cody can keep going up but i have troubles....A little help would be greatly appreciated. :)

EDIT: Oopsie i accidently put this in the wrong place can a moderater move it to strategy for me please? Thanks.
Turbo Highest Rank:Co-Emperor with Wolf Snare, Emperor

One of the most underrated players at RWL..

Shadow

The amount of net you can achieve with solo indy is directly proportional to the land you get - if you do each run at 70k land, you are going to finish with about the same net each time. To get higher, you need more land each run than the last.

Indy really shines in a team, though. If you can get someone to supply you with resources you won't have to sell the troops you make, and you will be able to get net at an unbelievable rate.

Heh, elite player :D
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Peace Alliance

I would like to add that EVERY race shines better in a team ;)

The refer to what you're talking about as the indy "plateau effect". Basically, you'll sell the troops, and not be able to produce enough troops to make a gain by the end of the run. This is based on how much land you have.

Here are some solutions you can do solo:

Switching units: If you're massing skiffs, make a nice big run, and then store then 25% of the skiffs that you can on the market. Then next run switch to stoats. Once you've plateaued with stoats and have 25% on the market, you will want to do the same for rats and weasels too.

If you've done every unit, then you'll have that 25% of every troop type on the market, and it will be giving you a very large NW base (on turbo right now, i'm at almost 600m networth even WITHOUT any troops, because of ALL the troops i have on the market!)

Cluny's Hut: Small benifit, but store your excess cash on here, sell fewer of your troops at the beginning of your run, and you can end with slightly more then usual.

Sell troops on the Market instead of mercinares: If you can time it correctly, you'll get WAY more money per troop if you sell it on the market, and then you can sell fewer troops to fund your runs, and you'll end with more troops that way.

That was all vague and confusing... just ask if you need more explanation.

The Obliterator

also food is a big part of it
you build slightly less foragers than barracks but still keep food in the green and over time it means slightly less troops each run but your net climbs all the time ;)

so have fun
Watching people fight is fun...
...but getting involved is so much better

Peace Alliance

Thats actually untrue. Although it's a solution to the plateau because you can slowly gain more and more food. You make much /much/ more troops with that land in barracks, and can buy all the food you need. So, since you'll make more troops, you'll plateau much higher, and since you have so many extra troops, you can easily afford buying food.

Also, none of the indy's this round are trying to put up a leader defense (which /is/ possible). So if your permanent networth rests on your food, you might start worrying come the end of the set ;)

Firetooth

A hint. Beggining of run build all camps after you've got land and sell off every troop you can, then since you have few troops you don't have to bother building many foragers and can build mainly barreckses as well as a few huts. Thats what I do anyways.

Quote from: The Obliterator on March 05, 2008, 11:21:14 PM
also food is a big part of it
you build slightly less foragers than barracks but still keep food in the green and over time it means slightly less troops each run but your net climbs all the time ;)

so have fun
I agree, I built up about 2.25bil food so farm not counting what I've been aided.

I find cluny's hut little use, If I have say 70bil cash spare only 6bil of that can be stored and unless Im lucky that all gets stolen.
Quote from: Shadow on March 05, 2008, 07:46:48 PM
The amount of net you can achieve with solo indy is directly proportional to the land you get - if you do each run at 70k land, you are going to finish with about the same net each time. To get higher, you need more land each run than the last.

Indy really shines in a team, though. If you can get someone to supply you with resources you won't have to sell the troops you make, and you will be able to get net at an unbelievable rate.

Exactly. I've rose the most since fire bringer was broke since more land has been avaliable.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Sharptooh

We'll I wasn't too good at indy but I think yeah get as much land as possible, and like peace said try to sell some on the market espeacially on reg you have to wait a few days for turns anyway and you get a much better price usually. :)

Wolf Snare

most of the above is correct. I've already gone over most of the advanced stuff with you on msn in the past, if you need more in depth instructions im online most of the time. :-\ lol

buuut, I will never reveal my little tiny tricks that make my gaps on the game so impressive. ^_^
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Peace Alliance

I will! I'll reveal them!

Alazar is Back

Quote from: Shadow on March 05, 2008, 07:46:48 PM

Well yeah of course, i told you my plan about the indy in a team, although i know you would have figured it out anyways...and yeah your pretty elite:wink:

Quote from: Peace Alliance on March 05, 2008, 10:21:43 PM
I would like to add that EVERY race shines better in a team ;)

The refer to what you're talking about as the indy "plateau effect". Basically, you'll sell the troops, and not be able to produce enough troops to make a gain by the end of the run. This is based on how much land you have.

Here are some solutions you can do solo:

Switching units: If you're massing skiffs, make a nice big run, and then store then 25% of the skiffs that you can on the market. Then next run switch to stoats. Once you've plateaued with stoats and have 25% on the market, you will want to do the same for rats and weasels too.

If you've done every unit, then you'll have that 25% of every troop type on the market, and it will be giving you a very large NW base (on turbo right now, i'm at almost 600m networth even WITHOUT any troops, because of ALL the troops i have on the market!)

Cluny's Hut: Small benifit, but store your excess cash on here, sell fewer of your troops at the beginning of your run, and you can end with slightly more then usual.

Sell troops on the Market instead of mercinares: If you can time it correctly, you'll get WAY more money per troop if you sell it on the market, and then you can sell fewer troops to fund your runs, and you'll end with more troops that way.

That was all vague and confusing... just ask if you need more explanation.

Yeah, that helps quite a bit thanks!
Turbo Highest Rank:Co-Emperor with Wolf Snare, Emperor

One of the most underrated players at RWL..