Fox's and lizards

Started by Sharptooh, March 03, 2008, 02:22:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolf Snare

not a bad idea.... hmmm

lizards are brutal warriors in the books, so they could even compete for the strongest unit with skiffs. thinking of th pearls of lutra, I'd say they could be like 8 / 5 or so, since they have scaley armor and fight with tails, teeth, claws and weapons.

foxes are more discrete about their fighting skills, and would rather resort to manipulation, guerrilla warfare or even extortion of the lesser beasts, however, they can still throw down in needed. they would definately own a rat or stoat in real life IMO.  I'll leave the OP/DP up in the air for this. much thought needed, and we could go several different ways with this.

However, if we are serious about putting these creatures into play for a round, we should concider making it a rather relatable theme, instead of just throwing new beasts into the mix. I'll talk with sticker about it, hes always got great ideas, that is, if anyone else is serious about having a cool round like this.
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Firetooth

I'd say fox should be a defensive race like a weasel except better and you earn more. There cunning so they wouldn't have the highest attack ratio but if any of you have read bellmaker foxwolf was great and fending castle floret.
Fox's could also be the least resource consuming race to make them cunning?Just an idea :-\
And yes, a rat or stoat could get owned by a fox easy IMO as well. :)
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Sharptooh

Yeah I think fox's should use guirilla and lizards frontal or something like that, also like you said, fox's would probably be good at defending, and lizards good at attacking I suppose they would both have to cost a bit.

pippin the mighty

Lizards and foxes, it's funny how people pick up on the animals with sharp teeth and claws, but never any wierd little animals. Theres moles, they could be a defensive as they dig holes, theres mice, why rats and not mice?

You could make a new theme called distortion or somthing like that.

Sharptooh

The only thing about mice and moles is that they're not really hired by warlords in the book, I guess there could be an evil mole....  :)

Nice name for the round I like it

Wolf Snare

Ahh.. see I was under the impression that we would be adding two new troop types, not replacing old troops with new names...

By guerilla warfare, I mean, not marching up to the enemy and killing them, I mean hiding in the bushes till they walk by, then stab em etc.... see, thats what, in my eyes, a fox would be more suitable doing. but you cant really incorperate that into gameplay unless we really got creative, but then again its more of just the impression given by the new troop types.. I was more or less implying that a lizard would be high OP/ and fairly high DP..

I just thought of a crazy cool round theme....

Good Vs. Evil!

sort of like a duels round, you are divided into good and evil teams upon sign up. since all 8 of our races are villians in the books, we could relate a good animal to each race, and give them different names so it makes sense.

example; if someone signed up as a rat, but got on the good side, there race would become Mouse. all the same racial bonuses, but it all works out better.
surely there are 8 good creatures that we could think up!

also, we could change the good sides troop names to otters moles etc, again, all have the same OP/ DP, but more realistic names. there are so many other things we could add to this, to make it one hell of a round!

I told peace and he wasnt overly excited about the idea, so if its not even a good one, tell me. I think its brill, so anyone supporting it say so! it would be so much fun! a change from the same old things we do. GOOD VS. EVIL! YARR
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Firetooth

YARR!!!BURR ZURR AYE I'M BEING AGREING WITH YOU!
hehe, sounds brilliant

Wildcat could be otter
Mouse=rat
vole=stoat
mole=lizard (im being creative here)
squirell=fox
badger=wolf
shrew=painted one
hare=marten
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

The Obliterator

sounds really good how about next round :D
Watching people fight is fun...
...but getting involved is so much better

bjornredtail

You all know what's always bothered me about RWL... Why can't my Rats attack your Stoats or vice versa? I know, different troop types... But, "realistically", (and prototypically) why? In other games, at least there's a good reason that Infintery cannot attack Calvary or ships cannot attack aircraft.... But Rats cannot attack Weasels or Stoats?
0==={=B=J=O=R=N=R=E=D=T=A=I=L==>
AKA, Nevadacow
First person to ever play RWL

"Program testing can be used to show the presence of bugs, but never to show their absence!"-Edsger W. Dijkstra

Visit http://frostnflame.org today!

windhound

Why cant infantry attack calvary and visa versa? 
Both ground troops, I'd sooner shoot someone on a horse with an arrow than try and engage hand to hand...  And I'd sooner take swipes at the poor sods on the ground if I was on a horse, rather than try and take someone my own size
Aircraft attack ships all the time
Ships have a slightly harder time attacking aircraft, but its done
Aircraft can also take on calvary and infantry
Ships can as well, though not as effectively and only in costal areas

*shrug*
I think its better if you dont think about it too much myself  ;)
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

bjornredtail

Perhaps do away with troop types and attacking rules altogether. Of course, then balancing would be a bear.
AKA, Nevadacow

"Program testing can be used to show the presence of bugs, but never to show their absence!"-Edsger W. Dijkstra

Shadow

if we allowed cross attacking it would make defense even harder to achieve, since you could mass one troop type and use it to take advantage of any troop hole they may have left. It would require restructuring the market prices to rebalance it, probably a look at indy production, etc etc. It is a nice idea, but we are trying to move toward a more defensive game at the moment. At least with the current system you can fortify against your opponent's strong troop type with some reliability.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

bjornredtail

I'm thinking of the equivalent of only allowing standard attacks.
AKA, Nevadacow

Sharptooh

Quote from: Wolf Snare on March 07, 2008, 02:53:43 PM
Ahh.. see I was under the impression that we would be adding two new troop types, not replacing old troops with new names...

By guerilla warfare, I mean, not marching up to the enemy and killing them, I mean hiding in the bushes till they walk by, then stab em etc.... see, thats what, in my eyes, a fox would be more suitable doing. but you cant really incorperate that into gameplay unless we really got creative, but then again its more of just the impression given by the new troop types.. I was more or less implying that a lizard would be high OP/ and fairly high DP..

I just thought of a crazy cool round theme....

Good Vs. Evil!

sort of like a duels round, you are divided into good and evil teams upon sign up. since all 8 of our races are villians in the books, we could relate a good animal to each race, and give them different names so it makes sense.

example; if someone signed up as a rat, but got on the good side, there race would become Mouse. all the same racial bonuses, but it all works out better.
surely there are 8 good creatures that we could think up!

also, we could change the good sides troop names to otters moles etc, again, all have the same OP/ DP, but more realistic names. there are so many other things we could add to this, to make it one [haties] of a round!

I told peace and he wasnt overly excited about the idea, so if its not even a good one, tell me. I think its brill, so anyone supporting it say so! it would be so much fun! a change from the same old things we do. GOOD VS. EVIL! YARR

Good idea on the good vs evil I think it'd be good if we could change the spells though for example

Badger could have something like bloodwrath to increase the chance of their next attack, or something like tha  :)

Firetooth

Hey whatever happened to this idea? I'd say bump, but eh. Brap :P