What's the point of paintined ones?

Started by Firetooth, February 22, 2008, 04:14:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Firetooth

I've been meaning to ask this question for a while, I do not see a point in the race, I've never attempted playing as one before and don't think I will. A race with 0%of everything is hard to get a good ranking with, I haven't ever seen a high-ranked player playing as a painted one since I came here, just what is the point of them?
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

windhound

Designed to be a race for those that want more of a challenge
most people are content to be lazy though, and dont want a challenge
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Peace Alliance

Also, having no positives or negatives makes it the perfect "anything strat" race.

The Lady Shael

Which also makes it a good newbie race, newbies who don't really know anything about strategy, anyway. And those kinds of newbies are usually enthusiastic Redwall fans who know all about the race of Painted Ones since no one else knows what they are. XD
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

pippin the mighty

Ok, I think I lost it there when firetooth started speaking? If it has 0 of everything, im confused? :{}

Firetooth

Painted ones are in two books(That i know of,I haven't read them all...yet), they're meant to be evil squirells but in the t.v series are potraied as lemurs ;)
I rarely see new players playing as painted ones, since they have little info on in the books anyway if you've read alot of the books.
There good if you want to be "lazy" I suppose, but I just barely ever see them about the rankings, and when I do they're never in the top 15, but they would be useful if you were new now I come to think of it.
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

pippin the mighty

Ermmm, I think you have it wrong firetooth, even ive spotted this. You use them as a challenge acording to everyone else :P

Firetooth

Quote from: pippin the mighty on February 23, 2008, 08:41:35 AM
Ermmm, I think you have it wrong firetooth, even ive spotted this. You use them as a challenge acording to everyone else :P
Sorry, I was sleepy when I posted that ;)

wolf bite

.... and the name is just way too cool!

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Firetooth

Quote from: wolf bite on February 23, 2008, 11:20:29 AM

Wolf Bite
Haha, maybe then we should add in Wolverines?Just kidding...

pippin the mighty

Quote from: Firetooth on February 23, 2008, 01:34:56 PM
Quote from: wolf bite on February 23, 2008, 11:20:29 AM

Wolf Bite
Haha, maybe then we should add in Wolverines?Just kidding...

nononononono!

He was refering to my name silly! although wolverine is from the X-men, which is kool!

Firetooth

pippin the mighty

*gets a crazy idea...* Yeah, it's from X-men, hehe. It's a pretty good film the last one.

Death

"Painted Ones" is the name given to what is otherwise known as Human, a race that has no talent and no weakness. A good race for those learning to play, and if used properly an excellent tool in a clan.

Peace Alliance

m, 'n the graphic i used for painted ones is a colourful paint can....