Wiki Profiles

Started by Shadow, February 15, 2008, 09:19:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should RWL participate in development of the promisance wiki?

Yes, I would like a profile
12 (57.1%)
No, I would not like a listing
3 (14.3%)
I would like a listing, and I am willing to help with development
4 (19%)
Yes I want a profile, and am willing to write profiles for others (please specify this in your post)
2 (9.5%)
No, I do not want a profile, but I am willing to write profiles for others anyway (ditto)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Shadow

If you would like a profile, please write the basic outline of what you want said here so it can be looked at for breaches of wiki rules before being put into the wiki and causing no end of trouble. If you do not want a profile, please say so here so your name is not added accidentally. If you see someone else's profile and think they are being too modest, let them know. If you see a profile that is too egotistical... well, that will be up to the wiki admins to reject, let's not start any fights here.

Shadow: A prom player primarily at RWL, although he is starting to branch out to FAF. Shadow focuses on the mathematical aspects Promisance games. He has had a few too many beers to continue writing at the moment, so this profile will be worked on at a later date :D

(By the way, I am the one who voted that he will help with development. Just let me know what is needed.)

NOTE: What you write will NOT be your profile. You are meant to use this thread to put down the basis for someone lse to write the profile to avoid bias. I am willing to write anyone's profile who gives me enough info to do it. If you are willing to write profiles, specify this in your post. Please list who you would be confortable having write the final product for you.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Gen. Volkov

General Volkov aka Gen. Volkov: Player who has been kicking around various Promi games since about 2003.  He's sporadically appeared at many sites, but he makes his home at Frost and Flame as well as Redwall: Warlords. He is an admin at Frost and Flame, though he does not code. He is considered by many to be an elite promi player, and has been at least in the top ten at every site he's played at. He's taken and held the top spot at a few sites, sometimes in spectacular fashion. He's played at QMT, Valhall, Hack: Infiltration, RWL, FAF, ME, and several other sites.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

windhound

modified the poll

and no, I have no want of a profile nor am I willing to have my IP stamped into that wiki (ie, no want to edit it)
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Gorak

couldn't care less about the wiki
Victory without honour, is more shameful then defeat.

pippin the mighty

I would like a profile please, but I cant help because im not sure how to use wiki in and way.

Arguia Zsah

I rarely play the game (and when I do I'm diabolically bad), so I don't think I should really have a profile. xD

Firetooth

I'd like a profile, but it would probarbly end up like this: ::)

Plays rwl and valhall. Sticks to indy as he is appauling at leadering, was once a big n00b (doesn't look like much has changed lol)

I dont care to much what goes in, but that's a basic outline.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Shadow

You're too hard on yourself:

Firetooth: an up and coming prom player who's career started and RWL and is now branching out to other promisance games. Prefers indy, but is currently working on perfecting his leader strategies. Firetooth is part of a rare breed: new players who are willing to learn the intricacies that make up promisance and involve themselves on the community. A name you will be hearing more of in the future.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

pippin the mighty

Sounds good, captain firetooth. when are you planning on making them?

The Obliterator

Mine is: The Oblit a player seen around sometimes gets good ranking but rarely talks :)
Watching people fight is fun...
...but getting involved is so much better

Scarwake

I voted no, no reason for it.
Member of the ROC: 03/14/2000
Emperor of

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rwl/  RWL Photo Album
In-Character Album

Death

Quote from: Scarwake on February 17, 2008, 05:51:02 PM
I voted no, no reason for it.

So you don't see a point in ya know.. making one large source of knowledge about players, games, strats, and general Prom history? Not trying to pick at you, but if you have any better ideas I'd like to run them by a few people.

Firetooth

I agree with death. It would be useful to both old and new players, even though at the moment it's not that good and there been the whole wolf bite issue, once it's finished it will be great.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Death

I think tonight and tomorrow will be the time I add everyone from RWL to it, toooooo much typing.

Wolf Snare

I wouldnt mind a profile, but then again I cant be bothered to write anything atm.
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)