Promisance

Started by pippin the mighty, January 23, 2008, 11:33:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow

Death I appologize for what i said earlier, it would only have contributed to the flaming had you and wolf not seen reason. I guess I was just tired of the same arguments over and over from both sides.

As for my career, there really isn't much worth noting. Once this FAF round takes off I may have some material for you  :) I guess if you want something now you could mention that I have a pretty good understanding of the mathematics that go into RWL, and I am working on FAF. The only other thing worth noting would be my membership in League I suppose, although you probably have no idea what i am referring to there ^_^
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Death

imo, Everything someone does in Prom is worthy of notation. Just think of things like clans you have been in, memorable sets, allies, rivals, etc. Most of these things everyone has.

And it's fine, my point was completely lost in the debate so I just gave up on getting my point across, so I am to blame to an extent. For the record, I'm almost 19. :wink:

The Obliterator

I dont have a profile yet but then noone knows me so it wouldnt matter iv done nothing exept two failed kill runs!!! :D
Watching people fight is fun...
...but getting involved is so much better

Death

You can always update the information at a later date, I just want to get a profile created for everyone. Or at least a blank space.

wolf bite

I wonder how much people will want to work on that wiki after all this?  I mean that at this point people have no choice if they want to be listed than to go to that site.  I understand people doing so because they have no other choice.  The problem is that the site is run and controlled only by an admin of a different site and seems not to accept any input into his decisions.  There is a definition of this type of rule in government.

Maybe the answer to what was a good idea of having a common web site would be to have a common website that is run by the different sites in equal authority?  Each game could send a representative, those representatives could operate a NEW site that would be fair to all sites.

Wolf Bite

Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Death

The Promisance Wiki has been taken down, so no real need to discuss it now. Thank you all for your efforts on behalf of the Admin and myself.

Mawerick

I will continue working on it.

Will mainly work on things I have control about. Like write about players from QMT and Valhall, strategies, etc.

Other proms I will have representatives for those to write.

wolf bite.
Instead of wasting a lot of energy to debate about your profile, you could start contribute. If you do, others on this site will follow. And, you complain about bars being set on your profile.

1. Your article is not written as it should.

2. You made a lot of fuzz about it.

3. There are other profiles that also need to be updated, because they are short or poorly written.

So. If I shall say something here, is that I am ashamed about your reaction in this case. Most of the stuffs being made in a wiki like this are from vulunteers. We should be very happy that there is something written at all.

There is a lot of work to do there still, but I see improvements every day. As I said, I can write your profile if you want, but my problem is that I don't know too much about you. I got an interview of you once.

What more could be done?
- Make some kind of malsystems that people should follow when writing special articles. Like strats, players, etc.
- Give us some time.

I will try to get with me a couple of interested writers to make content there. I hope I can get representatives from as many proms as possible. That the site soon is 1 year and still few people don't know much about it is because there have never been advertised much.

And... Maybe I should refresh your memory. Do you know how this site started? Promisance had an entry on wikipedia, when a stupid mod decided that the content didn't have many references. They would have references on everything. Come on, promisance is still a text based game, and where are you going to get all the references from to follow wikipedia's standards? What we need is to use time to write good articles, not use much time to find references to back up the content if things tells itself.
So, the part on wikipedia was removed because of this. So, this wiki was started to have a place to have this content. And, with some work this will be good. We just need a good plan.

If someone write anything about a strat, why should he put references to it when he knows it work? Do you see what I mean?

wolf bite

seems the admin would rather take down the site than remove what he put about me. I take no responibility for a martyr.

wolf bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Death

You know all did was change something stated as fact to something sounding more like an opinion, right? Just a slight rewording of one sentence.

Shadow

The banner was perhaps unnecessary? And the way I worded the original was within the rules, there was no reason to change it. "Considered by many to be one of the best" is a fact, not an opinion.

Death

That was there last time I checked.

Edit, and I'm not trying to start another debate about this, I just want to make sure I'm clearly understanding it.

Shadow

it now says something like "considered by some to be a good player" which makes the sentence that follows it sound foolish. But if you agree, I will change it back so we can end this pointless debate.

EDIT: it now reads: "Content removed due to copyright claim.." Talk about overreaction...

Death

Ah, my mistake. Well no point in talking about something that's over. Back to Wiki development! :D

Wolf claimed that his name is copyrighted and threatened to sue, so it was removed.

Shadow

Meh. I don't see the problem with the profile I wrote for him. If you had not had the banner put there it would have all worked out peacefully about 5 pages ago.

Death

Well, we're just looking for a little more proof than what was provided. But again, dead issue that I do not want to start back, and I will also refuse to participate in.

I just added your name to the list, whenever you want me to make your profile just PM me here or at FAF or something.