Promisance

Started by pippin the mighty, January 23, 2008, 11:33:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow

Alright, I'll try to think of something worth noting for it :P
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Death

I'm adding RWLers based on active posters right now, but this just isn't cutting it. I'm a bit confused as far as who here plays or not, because there are what seem to be forum areas that pertain to something completely unrelated, and I don't know if some people were here just for them or if it's all players or what.

So would it work well enough if I just went down the memberlist here adding everyone with over 25 posts?

Firetooth

Quote from: Death on February 14, 2008, 11:48:02 PM
I'm adding RWLers based on active posters right now, but this just isn't cutting it. I'm a bit confused as far as who here plays or not, because there are what seem to be forum areas that pertain to something completely unrelated, and I don't know if some people were here just for them or if it's all players or what.

So would it work well enough if I just went down the memberlist here adding everyone with over 25 posts?
It might do, put some players dont play seriously or regulary any more which is proarbly worth noting.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Gen. Volkov

No it wouldn't Death, there are several who post here but don't play anymore, Shael for example. I do play though. Start a polling thread to see who still plays.

Hey cool, I'm on there, but no info is posted about me.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Shadow

Quite a few integral members of RWL no longer play on a regular basis. I would say Shael is far more deserving of a glowing reference on the wiki for all her hard work here than most of the top players.

Death

lol, Guys the Wiki is for past and present players, and even people who are now new players will be added down the line.

Vooolkooov, that should be a hiiint.

Shadow

LOL check out the profile for Sevah I found:

QuoteAlthough sevah is not known as a veteran his skills are far more advanced than you all know. He runs a very effective strategy and hides his production deliberately so he doesn't get percieved as a great. After witnessing this empire run turns i was amazed with his versatility and production. I've never seen anyone run turns so productively and near perfect. Sevah has mastered everysingle race that i've seen him use and definately is not a good person to get on the wrong side of although he doesn't have an award he has destroyed the most networth in game by a long way. Sevah is know for his multi tactics and uses them to rely on his strategy. All the above is false i have only seen him use one race and he depended alot on me for it roflrofl...

I replaced it with an appropriate, if slightly opinionated profile:

QuoteAn average prom player with a very high opinion of himself

Sorry Death, I know that goes against the rules but I really couldn't resist. Only Sevah would write a profile like that about himself. I assume someone else added the last sentence.

Gen. Volkov

Quotelol, Guys the Wiki is for past and present players, and even people who are now new players will be added down the line.

Right-o. LOL.

QuoteVooolkooov, that should be a hiiint.

You mean to add something or the above quoted sentence? Actually,.I was hinting to other people to write it for me, because I probably couldn't resist the temptation for self-aggrandizement. I could try though.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Death

I'll write it for you, just look at the example player profile and give me some information.

And Shadow.. rofl. I totally missed that, [poop]. :D

Little known fact, Sevah actually is pretty good (on some games at least). All those years of running 5 empires must have taught him a lot. But I agree that profile, and some others, are in dire need of editing.

Shadow

Sevah is a decent player, but your opinion of yourself detracts from your character if it is out of proportion with reality.  Sevah's skill is completely dwarfed beside his opinion of his skill, which makes it inconsequential.

Death

It's half his opinion of himself, and half how much he thinks everyone else sucks. Hahah. Though I have always gotten along great with Sevah. I'll get in contact with him and write his profile from scratch, it should be fun. :P

This is the reason I had Maw write my profile, then I just went in and updated it and fixed some grammatical errors (English is his second language, not his fault). I'd really recommend everyone have someone else write their profile, or at least the "general information" part and other parts where they would be tempted to put an unfounded opinion.

Shadow

I made a post about it, my intention is that the person come up with ideas and someone else actually put them together. I should specify that they should choose someone willing to write their profile for them.

Gen. Volkov

OK, well, I wrote a post in the wiki profile polling thread, though it's not complete.

General info:

-Regularly play here and at FAF, I'm an admin there.
-Have played at many sites, including several that no longer exist. (Short list in polling thread post)

Nationality: American

Period of activity 2002-present, though rather sporadic in that time, with several longish breaks.

Server: FAF, RWL primarily

Empire names: Many, though usually "The Hounds of Ulster".

Achievements: Multiple duels round wins, Emp at RWL and Hack Infiltration, multiple top ten and top five finishes at a variety of sites in round based games. Multiple emp dethronings or emp claim preventions.

Clans: Founder of Woof, Co-Founder of Star Wars clan here at RWL, member of Bl()()d at QMT, member of winning RWL clan at Valhall Clan Competition. Member of League here at RWL. Member, leader, or founder of numerous other clans. I and others would consider me to be good at organizing clans and prosecuting clan wars.

Memorable moments:

-Emp at Hack with 100 billion NW
-Emp at RWL for 16 days before voluntarily stepping down
-Being part of FAF clan at ME that took down an Emp with over 5 billion NW.
-Being a member of League here at RWL when the clan was lined up ranks 1-7, and held most of the games land
-Being a member of the RWL clan that won the clan competition at Valhall

Allies: Many

Rivals/Enemies: Few

This is just what I can think of at present, I'm there's more I or others can think of.

Told you I can't resist self-aggrandizement. LOL. Though I am considered an elite player by many, I think/hope.

Shadow

Doesn't seem to self-aggrandizing except for the elite player part.  You are supposed to let someone else write that for you ;)

Gen. Volkov