Clan forum freedom

Started by pippin the mighty, January 13, 2008, 03:45:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pippin the mighty

I use the clan foruma lot with firetooth and other members, but the quality is not half of what it is on this. It is dull and sometimes hard to understand, making it not pleasant to use. Wouldnt it be better if it were more like this, brighter and easier to use, making it more fun to use. Also here there is smileys to use, and even the option to make your profile signature and picture, this may be wierd but it may help people use the clan forum more, thanks

L.T

wolf bite

A few months ago that we did not even a clan forum!  Just thank Shael there is one.

I know everything could be better, But it would take writing a full forum program to have all the options as this one has.  You are welcome to download a forum (like this one) and put a link to it on your many clan page for your members to see, then password it.  You would not be the first to do so.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

windhound

Right. 
Firetooth has a freewebs site
they have a forum option builtin, just add it
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

pippin the mighty

Freewebs dont agree with my pc, and sorry i didnt realise it would take that much trouble. And can you please tell me in a little more detail how to attach my own clan forum, as i have one at the moment.

Sicarius

In my opinion, the clan forum in the game itself very basic and simple to use.
You don't need more than that.

I think we need to add an option to the admins in game: delete topics.
Because some of the users just spaming the clan forum.

RS-Wolf Methos

pippin the mighty

Well i already have that button in the one redwall gives you, its at the top of the topic when you open it.

Scarwake

Well...this is completely up to the admins & staff, but I could bring back the old clan forums that we had on here previously.

I don't believe that part is too hard, its just whether or not we, the staff, decide to do it again.  But in reality the in-game clan forum is good enough for its use, other than the fact that at the end of each round everything is gone and you can't pull anything back up again.
Member of the ROC: 03/14/2000
Emperor of

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rwl/  RWL Photo Album
In-Character Album

pippin the mighty

So it would be like the old forum?

Peace Alliance

Pippin, You can setup the forums you have however you like. It sounds like you want to make your forum look like ours? Because if thats what you want, i can send you the forum "theme" and you can install it on your forums, but only if they're the same kind as these forums. Which i'm thinking they're not, if they're from freewebs.

pippin the mighty

That is in a way what i am trying to say, but freewbes doesnt work with my computer, i think its something to do with a firewall. But if you wana take a look this is more of what i was thinking:

http://www.network54.com/Forum/597983/

Very wierd but it was the only free one

*Throws brick at firewall*

wolf bite

If Poppin wants to have also a (no post count) RWL sub forum, and Scarwake is willing to handle monitoring it for them, I have no problem.

However I really think that the in game forums are great and the best addition we have made to the game.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite

windhound

http://ipbfree.com/home/
<3 IPB...  and ipbfree finally updated to v2

you might try a different browser pippin, if you're using IE and are allowed to download firefox give it a go
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

pippin the mighty

Quote from: wolf bite on January 14, 2008, 05:42:11 PM
If Pippin wants to have also a (no post count) RWL sub forum, and Scarwake is willing to handle monitoring it for them, I have no problem.

However I really think that the in game forums are great and the best addition we have made to the game.

Wolf Bite
Yes it is proberlly the best, but its not a secret to the world like it is for our clan, we just realy need a forum, i created one but im not shure if it will work acordingly.

Firetooth

Pip is secretive...you cannot control his wicked thoughs *laughs evily*
I agree though if someone joins the clan then leaves they could find many secrets like who we mean to hit next.
  He'd only give the addres of the forums to people we either trust or have been in the armarda for at least a round (every body currently)
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

wolf bite

The way it works is Scarwake is notified by the clan who can and who can not see the forum.  Once a person is kicked out of the clan, the clan leader notifies Scarwake and he makes the forum invisible to them.

I am working on getting staff approval to do this, it may take a few days.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite