Hello!

Started by Vulpes Romanorum, December 02, 2007, 02:32:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vulpes Romanorum

Hello all! I've been looking at RWL on and off over the past few months and finally decided to join. It took a little bit of work to figure out a few things but Wolf Bite's Guide and a little bit of determination has helped me with the (extreme) basics so far. Only hope I don't get massacred for my attacking experiments >.>. Well, I did find out that some attacks are far more successful then others with my current "strategy"*

*The misuse of the term causes reverberations throughout the known galaxy, eventually resulting in the death of several extremely small bacteria 600,000,000 lightyears away.

Peace Alliance

Well I welcome you to the game! If you end up needing any other help, feel free to ask anyone else, and we even have a help forum. :)

Firetooth

Welcome, if you need help message me ingame I am (suprisingly enough) called firetooth. :D
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

The Lady Shael

Hi! You must be the one with all the Latin names. ^_^ Glad you finally decided to join, you picked a good time to join too, things are really getting exciting around here. Peace already said this, but if you ever need help, don't be afraid to ask anyone at all (except me, I'm awful at the game), everyone here loves helping newbies. =)

Out of curiosity, how'd you find RWL?
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

wolf bite

Welcome to RWL. I am happy my guide helped you. It is a bit outdated, but still games like this one aroudn the world use it to get the idea of the game.

Most of all, have fun.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Shadow

Weclome to RWL. If you need any help ingame, don't hesitate to pm me
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Aqualis

Glad you could join us.
"Less talky, more drivey." ~Hawk, Applegeeks Issue #161

~the mighta awualis

Vulpes Romanorum

Oh, just a few small questions. How does one regain health, and what is the best way to get the maximum net worth out of your lands without being...err, eradicated? I have alot more land then some people, but they have a similar or even higher net worth?

**Edit

And how does one achieve this amazingly high amount of land gain per attack? I get hit in the 400-500's but then usually capture only around 100-200 in my attacks. I suspect it has something to do with groups...but am I missing something?

Edit to answer Shael's question:

I find it was confusing in the first few hours, and until I found the attack pages I was wondering why my armies would be utterly massacred during attacks. There are still some things I'm confused about, but I hope I'll be able to get at the very least a decent understanding by next week ^^

Firetooth

to get health up just do standard things like loot, 1 turn of lotting = plus one health. There is several strategies, many of which I am not educated in, which usually involve using a lot of leaders. Standadr gets the most land in attacks, attacking people with more land with bigger land will=more land earned.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

The Lady Shael

Cool, cool...though I meant from what site did you see the link to RWL. =p Just curious to see where our advertising is working.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

Ruddertail

Land gained in attacks is based on a percentage of the target's land. Thus, as Firetooth said, if you attack someone with a lot of land, you get a lot of land. Attack someone with little land, you get little land.

As far as NW per amount of land, it depends on your strategy. Right now, there are two strategies that work well in RWL, indy and leader. Given the turbo set up, indy is the best.

Indy consists of building around 50% barracks, making troops, and selling them, having 50% of your land in camps to maximize the sale price. The best race is rat. If you have questions, feel free to give me a yell via PM or instant messenger.
Kyle says:
"what happens if the land farm drops land"

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II (@ Kilk) on June 12, 2011, 06:16:11 PM
Sober up you fool!

23   ?   Land Farm (Free Land) (#39)   20,779   $23,671,428   Worship   Rat   Southsward

Vulpes Romanorum

How do you chain attack?

(IE, attacking someone 14 times...)

And what does the star by someone's name represent?

Edit: What are raiders and what is required to attack someone with them? I can't attack someone because I have no raiders but a sizeable army

The Lady Shael

I can answer these questions since no one else seems to be around...

You can't really launch a bunch of attacks at the same time....just click the button over and over again. =/

Players with a star next to their name are currently online. (it's considered bad form to attack people while they're online)

There are three locations in the game, and you can only attack people within your location, unless you prepare raiders, which you can do in General's Hut. So if you successfully prepare your raiders, you can attack hordes in all three locations. (it works backwards too, though, they can attack you as well. That's what Recall Raiders is for)

Vulpes Romanorum

^^ Thanks very much. All I need right now is a small explanation of the Leaders system and how to defend against espionage ect...

Ruddertail

The best way to do multiple attacks is to attack someone once, then use F5 + Enter to refresh the page and send the attack again. It saves a lot of time.

A star * means, as Shael said, the person is online. Send these people a message to find out if they're running, and if they are, don't attack them. If they're merely sitting there, an attack isn't a problem, but if they are running, that counts as an "online attack", and is a serious act of war. About the worst thing you can do to somebody, short of a kill.

Kyle says:
"what happens if the land farm drops land"

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II (@ Kilk) on June 12, 2011, 06:16:11 PM
Sober up you fool!

23   ?   Land Farm (Free Land) (#39)   20,779   $23,671,428   Worship   Rat   Southsward