Shade

Started by Blood Wake, November 29, 2007, 02:03:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blood Wake

refuses to listen to the Beatles because they did drugs which makes him consider them to be idiots. lets all discuss
I am Emperor Cornswallow Balthazar Eradicus Shunt VII, ruler of the Blood Wake empire.

picture made by my brother Klowd19

My project, Fasba Fpel broke world records and collaborated with some incredible musicians. Download the free music or watch videos:
h

Shade

Heh, that wasn't the only reason, I just don't like music very much? :-P

Blood Wake

Shade says:
That isn't the only reason i refuse to listent o beatles
Sean says:
okay, why else do you refuse to listen to the best band in the history of popular music?
Shade says:
I don't like popular music
Sean says:
I know, but you should not "Refuse" to listen to it
Shade says:
popular music gives me headaches
Sean says:
you're dumb. go out and buy Sgt. Pepper or Abbey Road, listen to it 3 times and then come talk to us cool RWL people
Shade says:
I'm not gonna waste money on a music cd
Sean says:
I will freaking send you a copy if you promise to actually listen to it, I'll buy you Sgt. Pepper and send it to you
Sean says:
I'm serious, you need to open your ears and understand what music is.
Shade says:
annoying
Sean says:
all you have ever heard is crappy music on the radio and TV and stuff, well that crap shouldn't represent all music and make it so that you don't get out there and try to find the kind of music that fits you
I am Emperor Cornswallow Balthazar Eradicus Shunt VII, ruler of the Blood Wake empire.

My project, Fasba Fpel broke world records and collaborated with some incredible musicians. Download the free music or watch videos:
h

Gen. Volkov

Shade's a weirdo. LOL.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Arguia Zsah

You can't dislike something just because it's 'popular'. O____o

Blood Wake

it's not that he doesn't like it because it's popular, he just doesn't listen to any music at all. it's like he chooses to be deaf without actually being deaf

h

Peace Alliance

First of all, you CAN dislike something because it's popular. People do it ALL the time.

Secondly, there's no way he listens to the radio and hasn't heard the beatles... the radio and TV plays popular music!

Thirdly, If his mind simply can't fathom music, then why would the Beatles be anything special? Sure, they were good'n all, but who's to say his ear wouldn't be better suited for Beethoven's suites?

Thirdly, Shade isn't JUST missing out on popular music, he misses out on pop culture all together... I don't think this has much to do with music, because it seems to have more to do with upbringing......

No worries shade, i'm stickin up for ya! kinda...

Arguia Zsah

Quote from: Peace Alliance on November 29, 2007, 02:43:29 PM
First of all, you CAN dislike something because it's popular. People do it ALL the time.

I just think it's a crap reason. -shrug-

Firetooth

meh, look around, loads of famous people (including sportsman and sportswoman) take drugs, sad but true, live with it. Just cause something popular...well I agree with Arguaia on that one.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Peace Alliance

sure is... But it's somewhat founded.

I don't like things because they're popular, but i find myself hating a LOT of music for good reasons... and that music just so happens to be popular.

I mean really, when you're writing music for a broad audience, you have to water down the intricacy's that make music fantastic... You pretty much have to take out all the little things so that a bigger audience can enjoy it. You also have to appeal to stupid people! Because they are a HUGE market! And i have a fairly educated ear, so... stupid stuff really sounds stupid to me

Firetooth

meh, anything sounds stupid to the almighty ears of firetooth the might lol
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Blood Wake

I'm not saying that the Beatles are the perfect music for him or anything, I think he should just understand that he shouldn't shun all music because of what is heard on the radio, and if you saw my topic in the polling place he stated that he had not heard any of the songs I listed, therefore, never heard the Beatles, and from talking to him a LONG time ago he told me that he has about 5 songs on his computer, one being Boulevard of Broken Dreams and did not know what the other ones were, but he enjoyed them. I just don't think he can "Refuse" to listen to The Beatles for any reason without giving them a chance first and I really would like to send him a copy of Sgt. Pepper, lol. Abbey Road is my favorite, but I think Sgt. Pepper would be best for him to hear.

h

Shade

Quote from: Blood Wake on November 29, 2007, 02:57:55 PM
I think he should just understand that he shouldn't shun all music because of what is heard on the radio
I don't have a radio? :-P
QuoteI really would like to send him a copy of Sgt. Pepper, lol. Abbey Road is my favorite, but I think Sgt. Pepper would be best for him to hear.
I also don't have a cd player, and my computer doesn't have speakers so CD's would be useless for me? :-P
Quotemeh, look around, loads of famous people (including sportsman and sportswoman) take drugs, sad but true, live with it. Just cause something popular...well I agree with Arguaia on that one.
I'm almost afraid to post this one, but I don't like sports either? :-P

windhound

thats exceptionally odd.
I've got..  4 radios within reach.  My reciever, alarm clock, boombox, and mp3 player.  Computer can stream music, and I've got 5 of those within reach, two of them currently on.
And how do you not have speakers?
go to wallyword and pick up a cheap set for $8, or some 99c headphones

I dont watch sports either, boring.
But heck, even poets have been known to be druggies.  Some of the more exceptional poets were inspired as such.

Get some speakers, go to www.sky.fm and listen to some christmas music.
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Shade

I don't like poetry much either, or art, for that matter. I had some speakers at one point but they broke and I never bothered to replace them, why waste money on something I never use?