Next Turbo round/reset

Started by The Lady Shael, November 28, 2007, 02:10:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Lady Shael

Hey everyone, awesome Turbo round. ^_^

Sorry this is late. So here it is, a quick explanation of the next Turbo round. We haven't come up with a good official name for it yet, but we've been calling it the "half-land" set-up. We'll think up something better later.

Anyways, next round, you will NOT be able to build one type of building on more than half your land. Sorry if that wrecks your strategy. =p Also, don't try any loopholes, we've got them all covered (we think, anyway). No cities are allowed to be built, and you can't demolish structures so that one type of building is on more than half your land.
Also if you get attacked, and a building type ends up on more than half your land, the extra ones are automatically demolished, and the acres are given back as free land.

The reset will be tonight, hopefully around 8 pm EST. (I still have to fix a couple bugs)

If you have any questions, just reply here.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Gen. Volkov

Wow, now that's interesting. I already have an idea for what I'm gonna do too. Totally ruins stoat and other leader based strats of course, because the ratios will always suck, but there are alternatives to leaders.

No cities kinda sucks though.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Ruddertail

Yes... this could be fun...

I've also got a few ideas for strats. Hybrids ftw...
Kyle says:
"what happens if the land farm drops land"

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II (@ Kilk) on June 12, 2011, 06:16:11 PM
Sober up you fool!

23   ?   Land Farm (Free Land) (#39)   20,779   $23,671,428   Worship   Rat   Southsward

Shadow

except for no cities, i love the idea. I think the strat I have been messing around with will shine this round.

is stoat gettin changed this round?
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

wolf bite

We had to take out cites because when I tested it on the test server I found a strat which would get around the coding. 

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Shadow

but.. but...  :cry:

with cities my start would dominate this round i think. arg. o well, ill just adapt it to a bit weaker.

Peace Alliance

It's not weaker. It's all relative... Since nobody has cities, nobody has that strength. So you're not weaker, you're just city less.

kell

it mean if m clanned i cant protect myself
founder of eire

first emp on the new server

Shadow

no no, the strat actually benefits immensely from cities. its not just there to keep me alive.

The Lady Shael

Just an update, the new round is almost ready to be put up, just a few more tests, then it's just uploading from there.

Also, two more new things for this round: (independant of the theme, these will probably be implemented on Reg later on)

1. Stoat Academy converts 10% of workers to leaders (similar to Wildcat's Pressgang Conscription)
2. Wildcat Pressgang Conscription has been modified to take into account troop multipliers (ie, rats are no longer worth the same as skiffs) If you want the exact numbers, let me know.

[edit] It's up!
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

wolf bite

Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Shadow

Quote from: The Lady Shael on November 28, 2007, 06:44:58 PM
If you want the exact numbers, let me know.
I want exact numbers :)

few issues: it wont let me build the max - it says "you dont have enough" when i try.
also, it says i have 3 cities...

windhound

Ah.  Actual race diversity
I count-
1 Martin
2 Stoats
1 Lizard
1 Fox
1 Wildcat
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

The Lady Shael

a)

Rat: amount * 1.2
Weasel: amount * 0.6
Stoat: amount * 0.3
Skiff: amount * 0.2

Those multipliers are used throughout the whole game.

b) Try building one less than the amount listed.

c) Where does it say you have 3 cities? o.o

Shadow

Markets 1,085
Tents 20 
Barracks 0 
Camps 5 
Huts 0
Foragers 15
Towers 0
City 3 -----
Unused Land 3,854