n00b, newbie, or newb

Started by RazorClaw, March 04, 2003, 09:17:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow Giant

i voted the gruesome on3 b3cau$3 i hat3 it wh3n p30p!3 do th!$ and THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hehe. Just a little bit of justified wiredness. (yes wiredness not wierdness)
Don't you wish you were more like me?
Admit it. You do, don't you?

"A wise monkey doesn't monkey with another monkey's monkey."

To pass the time: Sit in your car in a parking lot with sunglasses on and point a hair dryer at passing cars. See if they slow down.

I throw peanuts at old ladies!

"What the h*** is this?
DVD Dad.
People want to see us on DVD!
Yes Dad."
          From the Osbournes commercial for the DVD

*#sincerely, Shadow Giant#*
The best west of California.
(I live in Hawaii, Okay?)

Dead Eye

ok that is like spaming out on me with all the threes and stuff. i have one word for that. newb
Dead Eye Trueflight of the Seas, Servent to the Emperor and Empress of the Northlands<br><br><a href='http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Itha' target='_blank'>http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Itha</a><br><br>Spokesperson for The winter clan. <br><br>Part of the ROC since some time in October-Nov

Rough Raiders

Quote from: Dead Eyei can't stand newbs who think they got this whole game understood and think they no everything, than they go and look stupid by yelling at people in forums

*coughs while pointing to guardains of night cough*
lol that is so true Dead Eye and yer prolly gonna call me a newb but u cant...
Official Forum Acorn Thrower
Holbs is the Master Slicer of MY Acorns with Twin Katana Swords
Leader of the TMNT Alliance
I CLAIM MYSELF THE ALMIGHTY HATED ONE ;)

Van

Okay, I need some definitions.  Is a newbie someone who ats like an idiot? Like someone who has been here for 3 months but still acts like a idiot a newbie?  Or is a person who is new like they have been here two days?  I was hoping someone would clear this up.
Leader of Vermin Raiders

Also has been called a insane chipmunk.

Go to Homestarrunner Its a cool site.
StrongBad rules!

RazorClaw

Well, if I act like an idiot then I am an igonorant spammer, whereas if someone who just got here and has under two weeks' experience, and uses CAPS LOCK, and makes idiotic posts, would be considered a newbie. If anyone else (someone who never spams, sorry almost everybody) would likle toexplain in more detail, they're welcome to.

Bloodrath

It doesn't matter how long you have been on the ROC or anything like that. You could be on the ROC for 3 years, and if you still type, spell, act like you just arrived, then you are considered a newb. You could be on the ROC fort your first week, and you may act like you have been on forever.

Example. Van just got here, correct? He is not a newb, even though this is his second post. You know why? He acts, so far, like a good poster, limitted spelling errors, no spam, and actually makes sense in the post. He actually uses the "shift key" and I am glad for that.

To me, a ignorant spammer, and a newb are the same thing. You both act the same, and you can't tell the two apart. This is my 4th-5th year on the ROC, but, if I were to post worthless junk, spell terrible,spam, ect, then I would be a newb, even though I have experience under my belt, but, in posting I don't show it.

So, newb, ignorant spammer, all the same thing. I don't care how many posts someone has, or how long they have been posting. It is what is in your posts that counts, not how many years you have been posting.

On this board there are a lot of newbs, even though they do not really know it, but you can just tell from they way they communicate. Even on this very page you can see a few newbs, spelling mistakes, no "shift key", ect.

Also, the all CAPS posts are really stupid, and you can see a newb right there. Also, the !!! really ticts people off. Sometimes you see 10s, 20s of them after a post. Newb right there.

I hope I cleared some stuff up, and well, you can usually spot a newb right away.

On another note, like my new avatar? ;)  

RazorClaw

Hey, I use the triple/quadruple exclamation mark all of the time, but I'm not a newbie!!! I agree with most of that though.

Calantorntain

QuoteAlso, the !!! really ticts people off. Sometimes you see 10s, 20s of them after a post. Newb right there.

And what is wrong with it?!?!?!  Well, I suppose it would be annoying if I did it all the time.  

Quoteyou still type, spell, act like you just arrived

Heh, I thought that said smell at first :P
"Death death death death death death la la la la death" -- The Woad to Wuin

Badrang the Tyrant

Why can't anyone use the SHIFT key? *points directly at Dead Eye*

Abby The Rat

Van you want a name, your a n00b, which mean your new but that titles goes very quickly
Newbie is the term for way people post and act.
Not around, please ignore.

Could be found on discord: [https://discord.gg/9CkfKWD]

baransarn

Would I be considered a n00b or newb or newbie? Or can someone be all three. I use capitilizationa and grammer and spelling counts with me in my posts. So, could I get a clarification on what I am?
Baransarn, WarLord of Peskiness
Pesselus Mach in RPG's
"There was a squirell named Pesselus,
who weighed less than all of us.
He was really fast
And was known now and the past
There was a squirell name Pessulus
who weighed less than all of us!"

calria

Quote from: baransarnWould I be considered a n00b or newb or newbie? Or can someone be all three. I use capitilizationa and grammer and spelling counts with me in my posts. So, could I get a clarification on what I am?
*coughs and corrects*
*drumroll, please*
The correct version of that post would be:

Would I be considered a n00b, or a newb, or a newbie... or can someone be all three? I use capitalization and grammar, and spelling counts with me in my posts. So, may I get clarification on what I am?

Couldn't help myself... sorry...

baransarn

Agg! I should have known Calria would have corrected me! *Grabs dictionary and tries to find fualt in Calria's post.*
Baransarn, WarLord of Peskiness
Pesselus Mach in RPG's
"There was a squirell named Pesselus,
who weighed less than all of us.
He was really fast
And was known now and the past
There was a squirell name Pessulus
who weighed less than all of us!"

calria

*chuckle*

I love these forums! They help me so much with my writing skills... I'll send each of you a little piece of my AP English Lit&Comp test score if I make a 5! lol

baska

I personly would not class myself as a newbie , even if a  couple of people still class me as a newbie......~looks at Badrang and Fleetscut~
Oh and by the way, Calria try and find something to correct on this post.