A sad day ...

Started by Aqualis, November 23, 2007, 11:10:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aqualis

[this is 100% inappropriate for this forum aqualis! This will be the only warning you get for stuff like this.] -PA
"Less talky, more drivey." ~Hawk, Applegeeks Issue #161

~the mighta awualis

pippin the mighty

Whats that about, and hes proberlly keen to play monpoly with, himself

Arguia Zsah

<xterm> The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?

-laughs in an evil way-

Peace Alliance

If anybody ever sums up the problem with America into one thing, he's either be brilliant, or wrong...

On the top of my list are:
Pride
Greed
Fear
Pursuit of Comfort at heedless costs
The entire education system is flawed
Selfishness
Lack of critical thinking
Democracy's broken
Capitalism

And each one of those things would need tons of further explanation... You can't just sun things up and say everyones stupid!

Aqualis received a warning for this inappropriate link.

Firetooth

yes, you can't just call everyone stupid, just call them selfish, lazy...joking.

YOU can't speak for everyone though. There are "stupid" people everywere, but just calling the whole of america stupid isn't right.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Arguia Zsah

Quote from: Peace Alliance on November 23, 2007, 03:14:36 PM

And each one of those things would need tons of further explanation... You can't just sum things up and say everyones stupid!

No, but it is funny in an evil kind of way.

Tut tut Awualis...

Aqualis

It was inappropriate?

EDIT: ah, i see it now, sorry

~the mighta awualis

Arguia Zsah

Aqualis

Yeah, believe it or not, I glossed over all of that.

~the mighta awualis

kell

ok i missed whatever was there, do tell
founder of eire

first emp on the new server

Peace Alliance

Quote from: Arguia Zsah on November 23, 2007, 03:27:53 PM
Quote from: Peace Alliance on November 23, 2007, 03:14:36 PM

And each one of those things would need tons of further explanation... You can't just sum things up and say everyones stupid!

No, but it is funny in an evil kind of way.

Tut tut Awualis...
Quote from: Firetooth on November 23, 2007, 03:17:12 PM
yes, you can't just call everyone stupid, just call them selfish, lazy...joking.

YOU can't speak for everyone though. There are "stupid" people everywere, but just calling the whole of america stupid isn't right.

I believe you're way off on what i mean. Those are a few "problems with America"

I didn't even come close to saying that every American falls under those categories.

That being said, i haven't met a single American, Canadian, Earthian or otherwise who is completely void of pride.

Arguia Zsah

I didn't mean to say that Americans are stupid... just that that comment amused me. Whether or not it's true was kinda beside the point...

Sorry if I offended you guys...

Holby

It's a sad day when Americans can't be made fun of for being American.
I will not deleted this

Gen. Volkov

Yes indeed, America is a vast source of amusement, for both myself and the rest of the world.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Holby

Quote from: Gen. Volkov on November 24, 2007, 09:44:25 PM
Yes indeed, America is a vast source of amusement, for both myself and the rest of the world.
That would infer you believe yourself superior to all of your fellow countrymen! :-o
I will not deleted this