Stick
8 (44.4%)
No Car
1 (5.6%)
No Pref.
1 (5.6%)

Total Members Voted: 17

kell

consestion? it takes me over an hour to drive 25miles to collage everyday. your ment to engage your handbrake when you stop moving to prevent rolling forward or back.I have never seen an automatic car in my life there's no market for them here
founder of eire

first emp on the new server

Shadow

my standard doenst have a handbrake. well, it does, but it doesn't work. You get a lot of practice with fast footwork using it ^_^
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

wolf bite

Quote from: kell on November 19, 2007, 03:55:34 PM

consestion? it takes me over an hour to drive 25miles to collage everyday.

That is just to get around all the horse drawn carriages in Ireland? Hehe.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Wolf Snare

1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

kell

founder of eire

first emp on the new server

Arguia Zsah

Quote from: kell on November 19, 2007, 03:55:34 PM
consestion? it takes me over an hour to drive 25miles to collage everyday. your ment to engage your handbrake when you stop moving to prevent rolling forward or back.I have never seen an automatic car in my life there's no market for them here

I imagine you probably have... all Smart cars are automatic. They don't come in a manual version.

It takes me almost half an hour to drive about 3-4 miles some mornings.

I have a petrol car, so I have to sue the handbrake a lot more than I did when learning on a diesel (have to use accelerator and clutch to pull away, compared with just accelerator on a diesel). I'm used to putting the handbrake on most times I stop. The only time I've ever had problems slipping down a slope is when parking on my drive (very steep), and not putting the handbrake on hard enough or taking my foot off the footbrake while the engine is still running.

Gorak

used to prefer auto, specially in traffic, but I recently bought a $500 corsica that was a stick shift, after the 6 weeks it took me to rat bag the car to the scrapyard, I replaced it with a $250 firebird with an auto, I hate auto now.
don't think I'll ever buy an automatic again

and as far as rolling back goes, I just let the clutch out partway before taking me foot off the brake. I drive a 5 ton for work with a stick shift, If I can start on a steep hill with that without rolling back when I have 4 tons of milk in the back, anyone should be able to keep a car from rolling back.
Victory without honour, is more shameful then defeat.

Shadow

Quote from: Gorak on November 21, 2007, 04:49:38 PM
used to prefer auto, specially in traffic, but I recently bought a $500 corsica that was a stick shift, after the 6 weeks it took me to rat bag the car to the scrapyard, I replaced it with a $250 firebird with an auto, I hate auto now.
don't think I'll ever buy an automatic again

you get attached to one or the other. Drive auto for a while and you won't want standard.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Gorak

nah, it's the difference in the feel and performance that has me wanting a standard.
specially with enginges with low output, that little difference a standard makes in acceleration in a low power car goes along way.
Course I've also named my firebird captain slow
that should speak for itself

Scarwake

Well...I've had both.

My first car which was my last one...was an automatic...

My current car, a Jeep Wrangler, is a stick.  I would prefer an auto over a stick. Though I like both.  I think if I had a sportier car with the newer stick options I would like it better.
Member of the ROC: 03/14/2000
Emperor of

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rwl/  RWL Photo Album
In-Character Album

lonewolf1817

first car.... 2003 v6 mustang auto.. loved that little thing..... my car now.... 2002 stage 2 Roush msutang Vert  MAUNUAL.... ill never go back...
When you have done soemthing right, no one will know you have done anything at all

Nohcnonk

I have an automatic.  I'd like to learn to stick shift but my family doesn't own any manual cars. :(

Gorak

that was my problem aswell, but then I got a job at a car dealership and pick up and deliver vehicals for the service shop. Had to teach myself to drive standard, and it was a different car or truck every time
prolly why I used to prefer auto

on another note I finally successfully drifted captain slow the firechicken on pavement.
Was painfully hard, not used to such underpowered cars. Who ever had the bright idea of putting a 2.8L V6 in a firebird needs a slap

Aqualis

Hehe, my friend (same guy who was test driving the M3) was out driving his car around in the snow yesterday, and he was trying to drift around corners but his tires are near death so it just kept pushing.

First attempt he ended up on the sidewalk behind a wall of parked cars.
Second attempt was apparently boring.
Third attempt his brakes failed, he ran over a sign, and ended up on the wrong side of the road headed towards oncoming traffic.
"Less talky, more drivey." ~Hawk, Applegeeks Issue #161

~the mighta awualis

Gorak

I also do not have winter tires, and so captain slow is freaking scary in the snow.
My cutlass and Impala were both fine on snow and ice without winter tires, but the firechicken is brutal. If I stop, I'll never get going again and it's pretty well permantly drifting and fishtailing while moving. I once had to climb a snow covered hill, and the only way I got up it was to kick the rear end out right sideways, then kick it back around the otherway sideways again, back and forth, it pushed the front end up the hill a little each time.
I was 3 and a half hours late for work that day.