Stick
8 (44.4%)
No Car
1 (5.6%)
No Pref.
1 (5.6%)

Total Members Voted: 17

windhound

Inspired by the spa room thread..  where apparently everyone but me drives a stick

I drives an auto and am quite happy to do so
People 'round here will come within inches of your bumper at stoplights, even on hills, and I think I would have smashed in somone's hood with my trailer hitch by now if I had a stick...
a few weeks ago I saw a honda civic and an old range rover at a traffic light.  the honda kept inching closer and closer to the bumper of the rover...  then..  crunch!  its hood buckled.  no damage to the rover ofcourse.  honda driver was a little upset
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Shadow

Driving auto is boring. Stick gives you much more control while keeping it interesting.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Arguia Zsah

Seeing as how I drive a 'stick' (manual =P), I went for stick shift. Not many automatics over here, and I find manual easy (now... xD)

kell

How does driving "stick" make you edge closer to the car in front?
founder of eire

first emp on the new server

wolf bite

Boring is safer when driving. so much nicer to be able to look around, take a sip of coffee. etc. Had I ever had a race car, then stick would be fine so I could show all my friends the noise the thing makes.  But than for that little and rare fun, it is not worth having a pain the rest of the time.

Oh, and about the hills. when you are in a stick and parked going up hill, some fool always pulls up behind you. So if you are not fast enough into gear, you roll back and take them out. costly!

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

kell

then you shouldnt be on the road, handbrakes are there for a reason
founder of eire

wolf bite

Assuming you want to replace your hand break. When you engage it on a hill, then start the car moving foreword, it weakens the break each time.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

lonewolf1817

MY 2002 STAGE 2 ROUSH VERT MANUAL OWNS!!!!!

Edit: reformats post. In order to bold, first highlight. Ah, and can you stop yelling. hehe. Lower case please. WB
When you have done soemthing right, no one will know you have done anything at all

kell

that's what it's there for replacing the handbrake is a lot cheaper the replacing the clutch and gearbox.
you fail your test here for not using your handbrake on any slope over here
founder of eire

lonewolf1817

true..... hands brake "own" almost as much as my car
When you have done soemthing right, no one will know you have done anything at all

Aqualis

Quote from: wolf bite on November 19, 2007, 03:05:54 PM
Boring is safer when driving. so much nicer to be able to look around

I think looking around while driving would kind of override any safety gains from the automatic.

Kell: American driver "training" is complete crap. I just learned about using the handbrake on hills last month, so I've just had to be quick until now. Of course, my emergency brake is a foot pedal ...
"Less talky, more drivey." ~Hawk, Applegeeks Issue #161

~the mighta awualis

lonewolf1817

stick shift is better.... u have more control of the car. + if u have the pacteince u can get better gas milage to. 

Shadow

My examiner did paperwork while i was doing my test. She didn't look up once, and I screwed up about 6 times. At the end she just gave me my license.

I'm a *bit* better at driving now though :-D
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Gen. Volkov

I drive an automatic, though I can drive stick just fine.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

windhound

QuotePeople 'round here will come within inches of your bumper at stoplights, even on hills, and I think I would have smashed in somone's hood with my trailer hitch by now if I had a stick...
QuoteHow does driving "stick" make you edge closer to the car in front?
assumed that the car behind you is on your bumper.  thus, when you're not engaged on a hill and roll back you squish them

Maybe yall dont live in congested areas?  Traffic jams would not be fun in a 'standard,' especially on hills...  moving forward by the foot, constant stop and go.

rather surprised really, I think close to 85% of cars on most car lots around here are automatic...
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't