Forum Awards!!!

Started by Alazar is Back, November 19, 2007, 11:02:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alazar is Back

I think that we should have monthly awards for the forum and the game, i dunno something like biggest spammer, most intellligent....for the game most aggresive, best clan leader......something of that sort that everyone can vote on, I think it would be quite interesting. What do ya'll think?
Turbo Highest Rank:Co-Emperor with Wolf Snare, Emperor

One of the most underrated players at RWL..

Shadow

I don;t think the player base is big or varied enough for this to work.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

wolf bite

Hummm, I know a different site that does that. I would want all the contests to be positive. The last thing we want is someone to compete who can spam the most. Hehe. If someone wanted to take the responsibility of running it, and gave a bunch of proposed contests (ie: Most improved posts), then I would take it to the staff with my support. But I don't think it should be left to the staff to tabulate.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

pippin the mighty

Me and firetooth are in on the best spammer. I wouldnt mind helping but im way outa my mind to even think that.

The Lady Shael

We actually held our own RWL Forum Member Awards about four years ago, and it was pretty successful. Never done it since then, though I've been wanting to.

Here's the topic: http://www.redwallwarlords.com/forums/index.php?topic=3350.0
The results are on page 5. Me and a member named Ilse/Aminrael (who hasn't been around for years =/) organized it.

HA, we even had an award for Best Spammer...funny.

I'm all for this idea though, now's a good time as any, with a bunch of people lurking around.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

wolf bite

I went back and read that topic, Funny how I got stuff like "most likely to kill someone," and TJ and windy got a lot of "most likely to be a Mod someday."  But they lost to Beatles and riverpaw.

Wolf Bite

Edit, typo
Grand Master Wolf Bite

Gen. Volkov

Wow... this would be totally different were it done today.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Shadow

Hell, why not. Who wants to do it?
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Shade

I'll help Alazar do it, if he still wants to.

Gen. Volkov

Well I was thinking we could just do nominations like last time.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

wolf bite

How about this. Those people that have posted above this post decided on the questions and a time limit for response? Then have 2 of you double check for the winner? Post the questions and lets see how it goes?

Maybe the staff will pick a few categories that will receive a special title?

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite

Alazar is Back

Thanks, umm well when do you think it should be done? I was kinda thinking maybe around the 25th or so of each month we could have people vote, giving them 5 or 6 days.... I am not positive if i did it that it would always be on time but im willing to do it.

Start throwing some ideas out there so i can write them down.
Turbo Highest Rank:Co-Emperor with Wolf Snare, Emperor

One of the most underrated players at RWL..

Wolf Snare

this is actually a brilliant idea. Surprising, given the source, but nonetheless, brilliant.
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Shade

Quote from: Wolf Snare on November 20, 2007, 12:38:00 AM
this is actually a brilliant idea. Surprising, given the source, but nonetheless, brilliant.

That was definatly one of the more amusing things I've read today.  :-D

Arguia Zsah

I think it's quite a good idea... but you would have to be careful not to have too many awards seeing as how there aren't as many members now as there were four years ago.