what would you say is the most important element of above ground leafy growth?

Started by Peace Alliance, November 13, 2007, 06:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peace Alliance

Peace Alliance

Peace Alliance

Aqualis

"Less talky, more drivey." ~Hawk, Applegeeks Issue #161

~the mighta awualis

Rough Raiders

Official Forum Acorn Thrower
Holbs is the Master Slicer of MY Acorns with Twin Katana Swords
Leader of the TMNT Alliance
I CLAIM MYSELF THE ALMIGHTY HATED ONE ;)

Gen. Volkov

Carbon. Nitrogen is an important nutrient, but the most important thing for a plant is carbon. That and chlorophyll.

[whoops, clicked modify instead of quote]-PA
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

The Lady Shael

~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Peace Alliance

QuoteCarbon. Nitrogen is an important nutrient, but the most important thing for a plant is carbon. That and chlorophyll.

uh.... references please?!?

here is MY reference:

http://www.officequotes.net/topQuotes.php
QuoteDwight: Listen up. Let's start... from the ground up. Where does paper come from?
Kevin: [at the same time as Dwight] Trees.
Dwight: Trees! And where do trees grow?
Kevin: [at the same time as Dwight] Forest.
Dwight: Soil. Right. We have, in front of you here, seven different types of Pennsylvania top soil. Now, what would you say... is the most important element in the production of above ground leafy growth? Probably phosphorus, right? [Angela smiles, shakes her head "no"] Wrong! It's nitrogen! Absorb this information. Good! Now, let us discuss precipitation. Stanley! When rainfall occurs, does it usually fall in a liquid, solid, or gaseous... state?
Stanley: Liquid.
Dwight: Very good! You have earned one Schrute Buck.
Stanley: I don't want it.

windhound

Water.  Hands down.
Everything dies without it
kinda funny.  local TV station has a nice strech of green grass...  or rather, had.  Before the dought anyways.  Their landscapers have started cutting out the dead patches and replacing them with dirt and rocks spaypainted green.  I find it quite amusing, as it looked better as dying grass.

Also sticker, he's Volkov.  He needs no reference, as he knows all.
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Gen. Volkov

Quoteuh.... references please?!?

here is MY reference:

Peace, go to a Biology book. Look up photosynthesis. Then look up something called the Krebs cycle. You'll fine very quickly that the most important thing for plants is carbon. Well, carbon and water. Carbon compounds and water are everywhere in the processes that make plants grow. Nitrogen is an important nutrient for many reasons, but without carbon, trees and plants could not exist. If CO2 wasn't a greenhouse gas, the big increase in it would be very good for plant life. Dips in CO2 levels are bad for plant life.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Shadow

Carbon is the most important element in life, period. [Most?] life on earth is carbon-based.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

The Lady Shael

omg, I should have totally realized that was an Office reference...sad. =(
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Gen. Volkov

QuoteCarbon is the most important element in life, period. [Most?] life on earth is carbon-based.

All life on earth is carbon based.

Peace Alliance

Shadow

Quote from: Gen. Volkov on November 14, 2007, 10:56:12 PM
QuoteCarbon is the most important element in life, period. [Most?] life on earth is carbon-based.

All life on earth is carbon based.

good, that's what i thought but wasn't positive. its not mathematical enough.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..