What is the longest you have been awake?

Started by Aqualis, November 06, 2007, 07:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What is the longest you have been awake conitunously?

24 hours or less
4 (16%)
25-30 hours
5 (20%)
31-36 hours
5 (20%)
36-42 hours
2 (8%)
42-48 hours
0 (0%)
more than 48 hours
9 (36%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Aqualis

As I write this, I have been up for 33 hours. My goal is to make it until after engl 101 tomorrow, which would make for a total of 54 hours.
"Less talky, more drivey." ~Hawk, Applegeeks Issue #161

~the mighta awualis

Shadow

<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

wolf bite

just clicked the over 48 hours.  Cold water on the eyes does great.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Gen. Volkov

I was once up for 52 consecutive hours. It was last year in fact, I went down to New Orleans for the sugar bowl. Crazy times.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Wolf Snare

I'd have to say over 48 hours. I've gone for a good 3 and a half days during the summer. brutal.
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

The Lady Shael

I think I've only pulled a couple all-nighters in my entire life.....staying up all night with no sleep scares me. I love sleep and I know I can't function without it.
And even though I stayed up all night those times, I think I took a nap for at least an hour, just because.

My sleeping schedule lately has been so erratic... last night I stayed up till about 5:30 am hanging out and talking to someone, even though I had an 8 am class. I've been yawning all day and I feel so braindead right now.

Ugh. Definitely time to sleep.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Aqualis

Ah, see, I hate sleep. I think it's a waste of time. And for some reason, I'm not getting tired. I mean, I feel a little sleepy, but I'm not falling asleep in my chair or anything.

Of course, I may need to go to sleep tonight, if for not other reason than if I try and get everything done that I need to and still stay up until after English, I may end up not being able to sleep until Friday. However, I will stay up until 11am just so I can say that I stayed awake for 48 hours straight. Then I guess I'll see what I feel like when I get there.

Hmm, If I stay up till after English, I could get a nap from 4:30 to 7, but then I have to go to some show I'd rather not for a class I'd like to ignore but can't. Then I have to finish painting that thing.

We'll see.

[EDIT: Oh yeah, hour 38 now.]

~the mighta awualis

fingo

I've done a few all nighters. But only when I'm out raving!

Most weekends I get about 5 hours a night cause I'm out during the night and got to get up earlyish for rowing. Easily cured with a nap in the afternoon.
The noises of the world cannot hurt the clouds
The only certainly in life is death
Remember where ever you go there you are
There are 3 types of people, ones good at maths and the others not

Aqualis

I decided that not sleeping till Friday was a bad idea, so after 40 hours I slept.

~the mighta awualis

Alazar is Back

around 58 hours is my most, but i like sleep :-D
Turbo Highest Rank:Co-Emperor with Wolf Snare, Emperor

One of the most underrated players at RWL..

Aqualis

I feel like such a lightweight. Sometime I'm just going to have to stay up for 4 days straight.

~the mighta awualis

Gen. Volkov

It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Alazar is Back

Turbo Highest Rank:Co-Emperor with Wolf Snare, Emperor

One of the most underrated players at RWL..

Germania

Quote from: Alazar is Back on November 09, 2007, 09:33:43 AM
Quote from: Germania on November 08, 2007, 10:10:42 PM
76 hours

Holy!!!!!!!.....COW!!!!! You have some mad skills!

Couple of years ago. Started with a soccer game, ended with a soccer practice. I remember collapsing on the field unable to open my eyes, interesting feeling, almost wish I could repeat it for some reason.

I think the closest thing I could ever come close to repeating was 48ish hours. I think FFXII was the cause behind that one. Ended up getting sick actually.

Few more times a little less, "resting" your eyes is pretty much the end point of trying to stay up. Had one of those plans backfire on me when I tried staying up for as long as possible before getting on a bus for a 3 day trip. Stayed up for a day, then passed out the day I was supposed to head out. Ended up not sleeping on the bus as much as I had hoped.

The key is to keep busy, if you get bored or become idle, it gets really hard.