Kill attempt by Blades

Started by Percy, November 01, 2007, 03:41:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gen. Volkov

You would have had to have war status to attack 100 times. You attacked a bunch of times far more than 21 limit, then four hours later a bunch more time. That's flat impossible without being at war. So either we were already set to war, and TJ is lying, or you are lying about changing war status. You attempted to kill Percy. I will take part in any retribution that he deems necessary. I told you once before, murder him back if you are mad, but killing him is not a good idea. Your attempted kill will reap it's rewards. You are right on the verge of war here, if you want one, by all means continue your present course of action.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Rough Raiders

Personally, I think everyone needs to just chill out.

Think about what is being said from everyones perspective. Oblit was murdered, hes seeking revenge, he decided that he was upset enough about the situation that he wants to kill Percy. Thats his choice.  No one can tell him what he can an cant do, because if he really wants to, I'm sure he will get around to killing Percy. There is no need to accuse TJ of lying, thats just uncalled for.  He thoroughly explained that because of work, he is unable to check RWL, and therefore, would not know war status or anything of the sort that is going on in game. He never said he wasnt responsible for the actions of his clan members, because every leader is responsible, and as a veteran leader, I am sure he is quite aware of this.I think he can manage his own clan, he doesnt need you guys to tell him how to do it.
Official Forum Acorn Thrower
Holbs is the Master Slicer of MY Acorns with Twin Katana Swords
Leader of the TMNT Alliance
I CLAIM MYSELF THE ALMIGHTY HATED ONE ;)

The Obliterator

ok i dont want full out war cause i dont mind being killed but i dont want my clan recked so i will leave my clan.
Watching people fight is fun...
...but getting involved is so much better

windhound

Nice try Rough Raiders
Next time be sure to read everything though

Its all been covered before, problem is that its been split between two topics
Its been noted that Oblid had the right to retal, and possibly retal hard, but that a kill is needless and would lead to heavy retal
What does he do?  He gets some of his clan together and tries to kill Percy.  Even though many many people said that it was not in his best intrest.
This was simply a bad move.
Instead of taking a step back and looking at things TJ hops in and says that Percy couldnt have been attacked over 100 times by his clan members.  I quoted the last 100 attacks on Percy, all made within one day and all by the Blades clan.  Its perfectly alright that TJ cant be around all the time, but it not perfectly alright to assume that his clan members are angels who can do no wrong.  He himself booted one of the participants without bothering to find out who it was nor why he was in his clan, nor why he was leaving so soon.
I've lead clans too.  TJ spoke rashly without checking the facts.  Thats all there is to it

At several other points in the game the defending clan would have simply declared all out war for an attempted kill on their leader.
The league has yet to do so, mostly just telling people off for a poorly thoughtout actions
Infact, the league has yet to issue any death threats
I doubt it will kill anyone
Provoking them by killing their leader isnt a great idea though
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

The Obliterator

Lets put it this way
Percy has been doing stupid things for days.
Its not only the murders im talking about tons of other people have grudges against him and would like to see him dead.
He just expects to get away with this.
Two of us were on and the other guy said do you want to kill percy i said yes.
So we went for the kill.
I hate campers too and thats what percy is.
We would have done it if it wasnt for that.
Put it this way if you left your clan percy would kill you to get you back out of the top ten!
You probably have no idea of what he has been doing and half the people in the game want him dead.
So have fun whatching your leader die.
Watching people fight is fun...
...but getting involved is so much better

taekwondokid42

I am also against killing him.

He pretty much destroyed me, but all I want to do back to him is destroy him.

I don't think kills are neccesary. Just strong retals.

Rough Raiders

Okay windy, point proven, but all in all, my first point is still correct, everyone just needs to chill out and calm down. Its a game guys, its supposed to be a challenge, theres supposed to be diplomacy involved, people are supposed to attack other people, and its fun, because it creates competition.  Theres no need to go around the boards practically yelling at each other and arguing about who is right and who is wrong.
I just had 3 members(I think) of the League make a run on me, and sure I'm not happy about being attacked, but I'm not going to go around on the boards fighting with people about who should be killing who now.

Shadow

nobody tried to kill you

murders should be retalled in kind and shouldnt start clan wars

kill runs beget more kill runs. if you cant handle the consequences of your actions, dont get involved
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Rough Raiders

Nobody tried to kill who? me? I know... I never said you did... but attacks happen, its part of the game, you get over it by fighting back... thats just how it works...

Shadow

if nobody tried to kill you, don't try to kill someone else over murders.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Scarwake

He didn't try to kill someone else over murders....Re-read his post.

He simply said, people attack other people, its part of the game.  He never said he tried to kill anyone....
He said that he thinks he had just been attacked by 3 of the League's members, yet he did not come on the forums and get super irate about the attacks or come on the forums and start complaining about it....

Basically what he is saying is stop complaining/whining about the attacks and play the game.  Did I say that right, RR??
Member of the ROC: 03/14/2000
Emperor of

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rwl/  RWL Photo Album
In-Character Album

Alazar is Back

well shadow evidently you have some things to learn, first if your in a clan people work together, if you see a clan member killing some1 you will generaly help thats why your clanned to help your members do stuff....whatever i dont want to hear you complain when you killed me for no freakin reason on turbo!
Turbo Highest Rank:Co-Emperor with Wolf Snare, Emperor

One of the most underrated players at RWL..

Rough Raiders

Quote from: Scarwake on November 05, 2007, 07:34:09 AM
He didn't try to kill someone else over murders....Re-read his post.

He simply said, people attack other people, its part of the game.  He never said he tried to kill anyone....
He said that he thinks he had just been attacked by 3 of the League's members, yet he did not come on the forums and get super irate about the attacks or come on the forums and start complaining about it....

Basically what he is saying is stop complaining/whining about the attacks and play the game.  Did I say that right, RR??
Perfectly