This is a discussion for really fast or warped things

Started by Holby, November 01, 2007, 02:05:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holby

Like dogs, iguanas, peanuts, flying horses, sea monkeys, and willows.
I will not deleted this

Gen. Volkov

It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Holby

I will not deleted this

Gen. Volkov

It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

kell

founder of eire

first emp on the new server

Alazar is Back

Dude cheetas can run like 60mph, a dog can run like 20 maybe lol
Turbo Highest Rank:Co-Emperor with Wolf Snare, Emperor

One of the most underrated players at RWL..

windhound

...but not if you strap bricks to the cheetas' back
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Gen. Volkov

More like 30 or 40 Ally, but yeah, Cheetahs are way faster. Unless you strap bricks to them. But that's an unfair advantage. If you strap bricks to both, the cheetahs are still faster.

Alazar is Back

kell

they mig be faster over a few hundred yards but i bet on the dog winning the 5k race hands down
founder of eire

Alazar is Back

no way man, even if the cheeta didnt have the endurance of the dog, it would be so far ahead by the time it started to slow down that the dog wouldnt have a chance!

Gen. Volkov

Depends on the kind of dog. A little dog or an Afghan hound or a greyhound would get tired rather quickly too. A dog bred for endurance would probably be able to eventually outrun the cheetah. It would really depend on the speed differential and what sort of head start the cheetah could build up. If the Cheetah is half way down the course by the time the dog is passing the first 1000 meters, I'm betting the cheetah has enough of a head start to ensure a win. A cheetah can maintain it's top speed for about 500-1000 meters I think. The just cover so much ground that a half minute or minute of running covers a really big distance. Most cheetah chases end after about 30 seconds, one way or another. That top speed is incredibly fast. 65-70 mph, depending on the cheetah.

Alazar is Back

Thats what i mean, because my guess is that the fastest dog aint gonna run no faster than about 35-40mph...idk im at school and dont feel like looking it up right now but thats just my educated guess.

kell

take a husky that pulls in those sled races i bet he'd win, beside you leaving out that most cats are lazy and sleep a lot
founder of eire

Shadow

<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..