Leader missions

Started by Shadow, October 28, 2007, 02:11:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow

how does leader ratio factor into the success/failure of offensive missions? can someone give me the equations used to calculate the outcomes?
this stuff used to be in the game help file, but now Shael is probably the only one who knows. *pokes Shael* :-P
thanks
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

The Lady Shael

*is poked* Eek.

Well, it depends what mission, I think, because from what I remember your ratio is usually compared to the enemy's ratio multiplied by some number.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Shadow

yea i figured that

mostly im thinking about open atk op

The Lady Shael

For attack opportunity, your leader-hut ratio has to be over 50, and your leader-land ratio has to be 1.8 times greater than your enemy's.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Shadow

Thank you :)

much simpler than i expected

now delete this so nobody else sees it.

Joking :-P

taekwondokid42

isn't there also something to do with the solid # of leaders?

Example: I have 10 land, and a 175 leaders/land ratio.

Will I be able to be broken by someone with 100k land and a 174 leaders/land ratio?

wolf bite

From Wolf Bite journal:

Leader Attacking

Leader math is not easy, this is what the game guide says about it.:

((Your Leaders)/((Your Land + Enemy Land)/2)))/((Enemy Leaders)/(Enemy Land))

So what does this mean?  It is rather complicated, but I think I can bring it down to earth as much as possible.

Attackers Leaders divided by the average of both land = attacking ratio

Defenders Leaders divided by defender?s land = defending ratio

The attacker must have 5 % higher ratio to win.

The hard part is there is not a rule of how big you can attack based on only looking at your leaders. The numbers change with every gain or loss in land or leaders. So as you get big with land, your ratio changes each time.  I have been trying to figure out some simple math that will let someone know if there is a good chance to win, but have not come up with it yet.  But I have a series of key stokes on your calculator that will let you know.

Lets say you are the attacker and what to know if you can beat someone.  You will know your own land and leaders.  Also you can see his land.

The way to work this backward is:

Attacker leaders / average of land = attacking ratio, times that by .95 = defending ratio you can beat, times that by his land = the leaders of his you could beat.

Here it is with different amounts to show how it can work.

You have 10K land and full huts of 1,000,000

He has 30K land.

1,000,000 leaders divided by the average of the land (20K land) = 50.00 attacking ratio.

The attacker must have a 5% lead to win, so times the attacking ratio by 0.95 to get the defending ratio you can beat.  In this case  47.50.  Times his ratio by his land (or 30K) and your leaders could beat 1,425,000 of his.  The average Army fighter has 10% to 20% huts.  So he would only have about 600,000.  Easy win!

You have 10K land and over filled with leaders to 1,750,000

He has 100K land.

1,750,000 leaders / 55,000 land = 31.82, X .95 = 30.23, X 100,000 land = 3,022,728.

1,750,000 of your leaders beat 3,022,728 of his leaders. That would be 30% hut full of leaders per land he must have to defend.

You have 10K land and over filled with leaders to 1,750,000

He has 200K land.

1,750,000 leaders / 105,00 land = 16,67, X .95 = 15.83, X 200,000 land = 3,166,000.

You can see that he only needs 16% huts to fight you off with your leaders over stocked. As the guy gets very big, it becomes very hard to get him because he can so easily hold a lot of leaders that you cannot reach to attack him.  If the guy with 200,000 in land had 30% huts, it would be almost imposable to hold the 3,500,000 leaders on 10K land to attack him.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Shadow

So when my ratio needs to beat theirs by 1.8, do you mean attacking and defending ratios as calculated in the journal?

wolf bite

Attackers Leaders divided by the average of both land = attacking ratio

Defenders Leaders divided by defender?s land = defending ratio

In a land grab it is 1.05
The attacker must have 5 % higher ratio to win.

Some mission require a different ratio and with the help down, and not having mesmerized all the ratios, I will trust shael is right that open attack requires a 1.8 (which seems very high).

Thus with a 1.8% ratio, your attacking ratio will need to be 80% higher than their defending ratio (as calculated above).

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite

Shadow

that sounds about right from what ive been working with over the last while

thanks

taekwondokid42

Thanx for the help wolf bite. I've never really understood leaders until now. :-)

Alazar is Back

Quote from: taekwondokid42 on October 30, 2007, 07:50:22 PM
Thanx for the help wolf bite. I've never really understood leaders until now. :-)

I could probably be alot better player if i used all the technical equations and did a strict leadering strategy,but i find the game alot more boring that way i just like to wing it :-P! (But thats just me.)
Turbo Highest Rank:Co-Emperor with Wolf Snare, Emperor

One of the most underrated players at RWL..

Peace Alliance

I'm with you alazar. I've always played by ear, i find it helps you be more versatile in the long run, you never know whats going to knock you off track.

wolf bite

On the other hand, when I play I turn my office into a war room with 3 calculators and people's stats posted on the walls. Can you say obsession?

This is why I don't play. Hehe.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite

Shadow

I like being able to plan a solo takedown to the last turn. You need every turn you can get when going up against someone with a city and good defence, or an unclanned casher stoat