Turbo Round Themes

Started by The Lady Shael, October 27, 2007, 11:14:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saladin

Quote from: Firetooth on July 10, 2008, 01:23:03 PM
Thanks, I need to gather followers, I think it wont demote teamwork as you can still clan but solo players still have a good chance I think this could be a good round but it would depened how you viewed it, you could make it even more intresting by making it no-huts

Haha I think Scarwake was talking about the admin vs. players round.
Starfish love you

thomaskreisman

ya I think he was to Firetooth

taekwondokid42

I say that it could work. We could see Wolf Bite in action again.  :)

Or, we could have a no-clans no-huts round to just chill out for a month. I'm not sure how much we need to chill though.

Shadow

Quote from: Firetooth on July 10, 2008, 01:15:14 PM
Ive got an idea.

NO SKIFFS ROUND!

You can still clan but you cant aid your clan so solo players stand a chance and clans are a weakness it will also encourage indiers to try to mass diffrent troop types and I think its a decent idea.

I like it
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

The Obliterator

Quote from: Firetooth on July 10, 2008, 01:23:03 PM
Thanks, I need to gather followers, I think it wont demote teamwork as you can still clan but solo players still have a good chance I think this could be a good round but it would depened how you viewed it, you could make it even more intresting by making it no-huts

He was talking about the suggestion before yours...
Watching people fight is fun...
...but getting involved is so much better

Shadow

Theme idea:

For ages we've had the little buttons on the loot pages and such for stopping turns on negative income, etc, but nobody has ever actually used them (or they shouldnt have:P)

I propose a use for those: a theme where all your little numbers have to stay green, or else you army deserts and takes a chuck of food and cash with it. Think of how difficult it would be! To get any actual net while running so many different building types would be crazy, and normal attacks would take on a whole new level of evilness. Shael, you said you liked chaotic themes. Here it is.

The Lady Shael

Ooh, chaos. Shael likes. XD
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Shadow

This might also help bring defense back into the game a bit, since losing land will mess people up pretty heavily.

taekwondokid42

lo me gusta tambien. You could still mass cash and food for buying troops and whatnot, but every strat we consider good would be reduced to rubble without some intense modifications.

Checkerpaw

Quote from: Shadow on July 27, 2008, 10:24:03 AM
Theme idea:

For ages we've had the little buttons on the loot pages and such for stopping turns on negative income, etc, but nobody has ever actually used them (or they shouldnt have:P)

I propose a use for those: a theme where all your little numbers have to stay green, or else you army deserts and takes a chuck of food and cash with it. Think of how difficult it would be! To get any actual net while running so many different building types would be crazy, and normal attacks would take on a whole new level of evilness. Shael, you said you liked chaotic themes. Here it is.

I can't even imagine what it would be like playing this way!  Wouldn't it just turn the game into one big food/cash massing exercise though?  I can't imagine being able to mass much for troops under those conditions.
Highest rank in Regular: #6 (August '08)

Highest rank in Turbo: #1 (July  '09) as The NKVD
Highest finish in Turbo: #4 (August '09) as The NKVD

Also played as: Roadkill Collector (June '08) Gotten Smart (July), Mr. Holmes (August), That's What She Said (September)

Shadow

That's the whole idea -  to be able to make net while still keeping yourself in the green is a huge challenge.

The Obliterator

but even to have workers still in the green
you wouldn't have a hope
Watching people fight is fun...
...but getting involved is so much better

Shadow

i meant food and cash, not the rest of them

but that might be interesting too...

workers are wasy to keep green though, even without tents

taekwondokid42