What sport do/did you play in highschool?

Started by Alazar is Back, October 27, 2007, 04:26:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What sport do/did you play in highschool?

Football
1 (8.3%)
Soccer
4 (33.3%)
Baseball
2 (16.7%)
Basketball
2 (16.7%)
Other
8 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Gen. Volkov

Not getting that argument again, but I think the wideouts would make a pretty good showing if they had to play soccer. Couldn't say for  sure though. Problem is, the two games are just too different to make any sort of fair comparison. Rugby is a lot closer, but then there are some pretty big differences.

Quoteand when a player in us football with the ball weaves in and out of tackles thats dribbling

The weaving is called juking, when he gets away from being tackled, that's called breaking a tackle. They don't dribble though. Stutter-step occasionally, but never dribble. Dribbling involves the ball in motion, the ball rarely moves once it's in the hands of the receiver or runningback.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

kell

to dribble is not moving the ball its about turning a man most gteat players move their feet tricking somebody into thinging their going one way but they go the other
founder of eire

first emp on the new server

Alazar is Back

O.K i would be willing to guarantee that someone like Reggie Bush or LT could make a soccer team real easily. And not all the US Football players are big and fat many of them are smaller and extremely nimble and fast. Then you say that many soccer players could make a place kicker in the NFL, but what you are forgeting is that the two balls are way different and kicking a ball 50 yds accurately isnt near as easy as you think! :-P
Turbo Highest Rank:Co-Emperor with Wolf Snare, Emperor

One of the most underrated players at RWL..

kell

agh a free kick requires far more accuracy and skill, besides punts are just kicking the ball as far as you can, take becham or Zuzu one of the worlds finest set piece takers i'm sure they could do it. As for Reggie Bush or LT, who the hell are they???nobody outside the US will know them while if i say pele everybody knows who im talking about
founder of eire

idunno

Gen. Volkov

Quoteto dribble is not moving the ball its about turning a man most gteat players move their feet tricking somebody into thinging their going one way but they go the other

Well, it's still not called dribbling in US Football.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

kell

ok you wanna put a big manly term on it like juking fire ahead still means the same thing
founder of eire

Alazar is Back

juking is not a big manly term ITS JUST WHAT ITS CALLED! Beckham aint very good anyways, hes such a little girl he couldnt handle football he'd be injured all the time!

kell

Quote from: Alazar is Back on November 02, 2007, 11:05:42 AM
juking is not a big manly term ITS JUST WHAT ITS CALLED! Beckham ain't very good anyways, hes such a little girl he couldn't handle football he'd be injured all the time!

mmmh ok lets give out some facts. signs for man u at a very early age, gets into first team at a very early age and has everything domestically in the england and a league in le lega. don't talk about what you don't know. I follow liverpool, we hate man u but i still respect their great players
founder of eire

Alazar is Back

ok i understand that and know some of it, but what i am saying is that beckham doesnt have the toughness to play in the nfl even as a kicker!

kell

he's a highly trained athlete, so it's natural to assume when 15 20stone lads pile on him its gonna cause an injury
founder of eire

Aqualis

For those who don't know :: 1 stone = 14 pounds = 6.4 kilograms
"Less talky, more drivey." ~Hawk, Applegeeks Issue #161

~the mighta awualis

kell

well take the best rugby kickker atm johnny w, he's been injurey for four years doesn't mean he's a girl just unlucky
founder of eire

pippin the mighty

pippin the mighty

im sorry england i didnt mean it you rock jonny w