What sport do/did you play in highschool?

Started by Alazar is Back, October 27, 2007, 04:26:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What sport do/did you play in highschool?

Football
1 (8.3%)
Soccer
4 (33.3%)
Baseball
2 (16.7%)
Basketball
2 (16.7%)
Other
8 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Alazar is Back

Just wondering, its football 6-11, basketball 5-9, baseball 3-11 here, but of course thats the only sports my school has for guys.? :-P

(Vote for all the sports that you played.)
Turbo Highest Rank:Co-Emperor with Wolf Snare, Emperor

One of the most underrated players at RWL..

windhound

A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Gen. Volkov

Quiz Bowl was technically a sport. You could letter in it anyways. So that was my "sport".

I just didn't like sports. People kept saying I should play, and I just wasn't interested.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

kell

GAA, soccer (the real football dam yanks stealing our words)
founder of eire

first emp on the new server

Aqualis

"Less talky, more drivey." ~Hawk, Applegeeks Issue #161

~the mighta awualis

Shadow

Track and field on and off. I'm not much for team sports.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Alazar is Back

Quote from: kell on October 28, 2007, 07:12:40 AM
GAA, soccer (the real football dam yanks stealing our words)
yeah but our football is so much better :-P

kell

that dribble you call football is useless and boring
founder of eire

Gen. Volkov

Actually it's you soccer types who dribble the ball. In football you pass, catch, kick and punt, but you don't dribble.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Alazar is Back

Quote from: kell on October 30, 2007, 07:31:35 PM
that dribble you call football is useless and boring
The thing is, if you were born in the US and i was born in Ireland, then our opinions would most likely be the exact opposite of what they are now. Go Football!!!!!!!(US Football) :-P

kell

no way us football is a poor excise for rugby. and when a player in us football with the ball weaves in and out of tackles thats dribbling
founder of eire

Alazar is Back

Nope, thats not called dribbling at all thats called juking. Our football is nothing liek rugby, and i would bet that more US football players could make a soccer team then soccer players a football team.

kell

really how much you willing to bet?I'm sure not one US football would make it in the elite teams of football the likes of liverpool, man u, real madraid, barca ect but I would bet many of those players could be place kickers in US football they wouln't be as good as rugby players but I figure they'd still make it.
  Football (the real one) is played in like every country, the world cup being the biggest sporting event in the world come on yanks you can't win this fight
founder of eire

Shadow

gotta go with kell here

"yank" football players are strong, but they arent nearly as agile as soccer players

<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

kell

and also say they're far less fit and skillful US footballers we're going in general here are big and fat and stop big fat linebacks or fast and nimble running backs, the whole idea of US football is run as far as you can before you get cloppered- skill level? 0
founder of eire