A tragic beginning

Started by Percy, October 12, 2007, 10:45:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Percy

Percy frowned at the parchment before his eyes. The news from abroad was not particularly reassuring. To summarise, the entire League would have to relocate and start afresh.

"As Gormad Tunn (#148) delivers their final blow, your army collapses..."

It would delay plans for some weeks, his quick rise crushed in an instant. The League of the Scarlet Pimpernel, upon gaining members would have changed Warlords in a way none had yet expected. But the greater good would have to wait for now, while he dealt with this lingering menace.

To war, was what the advisors on the front had suggested.
"Odd's fish, what a blinking nuisance!" Percy muttered to himself. But there was nothing else for it, with honour at stake and all that. Those vulgar #*&!, or whatever they called themselves, would fortunately be no more.

A messenger knocked, entered without waiting for a reply, and handed another note to him.

QuotePowerful Warlords have risen to strike against this clan who have so dishonoured us. You may have help at hand, shall I tentatively suggest some form of alliance with said Warlords given our currently powerless position?

-Anfrew Foulkes

"Do I have a reply, sir?" Percy looked up, apparently surprised at the question.
"No." The messenger almost moved to go, but slightly bewildered, made as if to speak, but was interrupted. "We'll let them seek us out, we shan't be seen begging. Now run along, I have a new cravat to tie."

Whistling, Percy got up from his seat as the messenger left.

Craby

A letter is sent.

Alas, I had seen you lying in the road bloody and beaten.  Attempts to send you land backfired.  Apologies for any discomfort I may have caused with the pounding I did on your chest to try to keep your heart beating.  Unfortunate to hear some beast walked by to take the indiscriminate death blow.

This does make us brothers in arms, the perpetrator of your murder is in the clan that has declared war upon my lands. 
~Craby

kell

well had those lads not killed you i think i wouldve, you deserved to be killed for what you did they just got there before me
founder of eire

first emp on the new server

Shadow

<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

kell

founder of eire

first emp on the new server

Shadow

lol then he deserved it

but I would have done it too if someone was locking the land - I just wouldn't have been surprised by harsh retaliation
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Ycrep

Gen. Volkov

He seems a random fellow. Such a nice post to start out with... and then channels lolcats.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES