Fortress Runs

Started by taekwondokid42, October 01, 2007, 06:00:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

taekwondokid42

How do you make a run that is designed so that no one can break you with troops or leaders?

White Fang

Honestly? It's almost impossible, considering that Rats have a 2:1 offense/defense ratio, and Stoats have a 5:3.

Yes, it is possible, but you usually have to mass an absurd amount of cash in a very short amount of time, then have someone you can send troops for your run, and then will immediately send them back. It's very tricky, and, usually, if/when someone does break you, it's pretty harsh.

Shadow

most people just mass cash until the day before the finish and buy til they cant run and hope for the best
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

wolf bite

It takes weeks to get ready for it. Check out Wolf Bite's Wall in the journal.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

kell

founder of eire

first emp on the new server

Shadow

sorry to break it too you but i could have broken you any time i wanted :roll: i had 3x as many leaders as you

kell

i think dashs leader attacks were to blame, got my account back in the middle of running and my ma pulls out the broadband couldve killed her if she wasnt so scary
founder of eire

first emp on the new server

Shadow

well with 45k land the max leader you has was 4.5mil, and i usually finish my reg runs around 10 mil

curse overpowered stoats  :-P

Orcrist

Really it's not possible in this game. One can be protected from troops by spending the last 60 turns demolishing huts to a 175 ratio for leaders and building that many towers (and then doing the opposite at the start of each run), but in a game that seems to be 100% huts, almost all others hordes of comparable land will be able to murder your troops down to easily taken numbers. On the other hand, not building towers almost guarantees getting broken in rats or stoats. The only really good way to be a fortress is to be #1 by a huge amount-then the wall is very difficult to break. Still, though, taking down emperors is still very feasible.
~Orcrist~

"We will win the war...it is a simple case of mathematics." -Samuel Grant

Shadow

taking down an emp is infinitely easier than being that emp. without pressgang, this might be a different story

Alazar is Back

Quote from: Orcrist on November 09, 2007, 11:40:18 AM
Really it's not possible in this game. One can be protected from troops by spending the last 60 turns demolishing huts to a 175 ratio for leaders and building that many towers (and then doing the opposite at the start of each run), but in a game that seems to be 100% huts, almost all others hordes of comparable land will be able to murder your troops down to easily taken numbers. On the other hand, not building towers almost guarantees getting broken in rats or stoats. The only really good way to be a fortress is to be #1 by a huge amount-then the wall is very difficult to break. Still, though, taking down emperors is still very feasible.

The only thing is that you dont need to demolish any huts to get a 175 ratio if you are a stoat all you have to do is academy till you get it.
Turbo Highest Rank:Co-Emperor with Wolf Snare, Emperor

One of the most underrated players at RWL..