Clan storehouse

Started by Shadow, September 16, 2007, 08:23:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow

I've been thinking of a way to keep the storehouse in the game beyond this round, fo use of anyone who decides to clan. Here's what I've come up with:

You can put a max #% of your stuff in it, rather like sending aid. This number would reset every x hours.
No interest
Totals are visible and can be accessed by anyone in the clan at any time, but they can only take out x% of everything up to 5 times (like aid), which resets every few hours as well
Putting stuff in the storehouse does not affect your net unless someone else removes it, in which case they get the net
The storehouse is only available to clans with 3 or more members
max time stuff can be in the storehouse - after a certain time its gets bounced back to the person who out it there (24 hours?)

Add to my ideas people, i think this would be a great addition to the game if we can balance it out
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

idunno

If your going to do that your gonna see a lot of one man clans.

Shadow

maybe, but i was thinking for more teamwork purposes. it obviously needs more tweaking

kell

a simple rule like three memembers a clan for the store house would solve that
founder of eire

first emp on the new server

Shadow

Peace Alliance

then we'd have mass multies

Shadow

you mean multi accounts? they've never been a problem, they just get disabled

The Lady Shael

Eh, I think a good number of them would get caught. And wolf would be able to catch the rest.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

kell

i think the clan storehouse would be a great idea, but as long as its not too much hassle
founder of eire

first emp on the new server

taekwondokid42

or you could multiply the max by the number of ppl in the clan.

Shadow

thats a good idea - larger clans benefit more from the storehouse

Gen. Volkov

Bad idea, storehouse fun for one round, kept in longer and the whole game will revolve around storing. People will just run and store as much as they can in the storehouse.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Shadow

perhaps put a small negative interest on the storehouse. I intended it as a way for clans to share resources quickly and effectively, not a way of protecting their assets

Gen. Volkov

Clans have unlimited aid already though.

But a way to put a stop to storing and just set it up for sharing resources is to have a time limit on how long stuff can be stored. If it's not taken off in a certain number of hours or days, it's bounced back to the guy who put it there.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

idunno

I agree with Volkov it would just be a who-can-put-the-most-in-the-storehouse contest.