lottery

Started by Shadow, September 05, 2007, 08:42:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow

i hope im not kicking a dead horse, but could the lottery numbers be increased? 1bil isnt even noticeable for most strats.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

kell

yea lets do a dr evil on it! 100billion dollors (does the whole little finger thing)
founder of eire

first emp on the new server

taekwondokid42

I agree.

100 bil may be a bit much though...

I would have to say put the base at 25 bil, and make several ways to pump that number up, so the average drawing hands out 30bil.

Shadow

multiply both the reward and the cost of tickets by 50

eLeMeNtuL

I have been unable to find information on such details, so I suppose I'll supplement my suggestion with the question:  Is a commission deducted from goods sold on the public market?  If so, rather than -- presumably -- vanishing, that amount could, each time, be added to the lottery sum.  Thus, as the game progresses and larger transactions occur, lottery winnings would increase proportionally.

Shadow

interesting, but the deductions are in the form of troops or food

taekwondokid42

actually, when you make a purchase, 4% of your cash just dissapears. We've talked about adding it to the lottery before, and I'm quite in favor of that.

The Lady Shael

Interesting...*waits for Peace to stop by this topic*
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Shadow

i have to revive this:

why not make the lottery more than pure cash? food would be nice, and having a lucky leader would probably give some loyalty as well as more recruits

taekwondokid42

hmm, maybe.

I still am pushing for the lottery to go up to at least 1 bil per 5k land in the game.

Peace Alliance

i don't think we should set it to a certain amount, it should be based on average NW of active accounts

taekwondokid42

what if we made it 5x the total nw in the game?

I say this because that would = about 8ish bil right now, and if we got a ton of players, your chance of winning would go down, so it would be okay that the lottery is higher, because only 1 person would win anyway.

And I do think that 8ish bil right now is a good number. Think about how much you make right now. It would certainly help you, but it would not change the game for you.

Orcrist

I think it should be something like even 6X or 7X, so that would be like 9.6 bil or 11 bil. There shouldn't be a winner every week (obviously). If there is no winner, add another multiple of the networth + ticket cost into the pot (so if one week is 6X networth and no one wins, next week would be 7X total networth +ticket costs, next week would be 8X total networth + all ticket costs, etc.). I personally think that winning the lottery should be a huge deal. Anyone remember when Klamath won the first lottery in First Era and was rocketed like 60 places to the top 10? Back when we had over 100 active I believe. (Maybe even 150+?). Anyway, a note- the pot shouldn't get out of hand (like 20X total networth)- chances to win should be high enough that someone wins by the time it gets to 10X the networth. Maybe we should make it so that someone is GUARANTEED to win once it hits like 12X networth- that's mighty big enough.
~Orcrist~

"We will win the war...it is a simple case of mathematics." -Samuel Grant

Shadow

bbuummpp

i think this would be a great round to implement new lottery winnings :)

Firetooth

maybe you could win extra turns or troops?
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.