Next Turbo round.

Started by taekwondokid42, August 18, 2007, 06:36:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

taekwondokid42

Since we were so ill prepared for the last one, I think we should start bouncing around ideas now.

My idea is what if we had a round where max turns went up to 720, and max stored went up to 300?

The Lady Shael

Actually, we already have a really cool idea for next round. The most important part's been coded already, so there really isn't much left for me to do. It'll definitely be ready by the reset.

But don't let me stop your ideas. =p

Extra turns would be cool, but one reason I would discourage that is because I don't know how the server will handle the extra activity. =/ It already chokes a little bit on the activity we have now.

[edit] ...which is sad. =(
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Shadow

how much will the basic gameplay be changed by the idea for next round? will it be a complete makeover like is new races was? (please say no)
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

The Lady Shael

Heh, no. It will be exactly like it is now, with an extra (optional) feature. I think Peace is still playing around with race bonuses, not sure if any of them will be changed before next round though.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

Shadow

nono, as long as the mission stay intact I'm happy

race bonuses changing could be a very good thing for me  :-)

taekwondokid42

Is it going to be a suprise again?

btw, I would definately say make the changes to the bonuses. Even if they aren't the final number, the races need some changes as they are.

The Lady Shael

Yes, it will be a surprise. =) I might even write a storyline again for this too.

It'll be pretty cool, nothing like this has been done before. Like I said, the extra feature is optional, so I'm sure not everyone will want to use it, but I think it'd be cool if most people do.

If Peace is around, bother him about fixing the race bonuses. I know nothin' about them.

Shadow

hte only thing id like to see changed is the wildcat's "loyalty" stat. it should be higher (or lower, whichever is good) :roll:

taekwondokid42

I don't know how hard this would be to code.. but what if we had a no food round?

idunno

How about a no-leader round because indying is fun.:-D

taekwondokid42

you can indy, no one's stopping you...

idunno

Except for teh part where everyone leaders and ill get murdered/stolen from everytime i go on.  *looks at last round*

taekwondokid42

diplomacy my friend, diplomacy...

The thing about indy is, if you get completely owned, you can just take out 2-3 runs to retaliate. It's not like 2-3 runs will effect the final outcome of your indy strat...

idunno

You see the thing about retaliation is that just pisses people off more.

taekwondokid42

well, you give them a few warnings, but if they don't stop, you have to take action. Eventually, they will get the point.