Intel

Started by taekwondokid42, July 03, 2007, 06:43:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

idunno

Posting something three times is just flat out redundant.

White Fang

Stoat beats out Marten in just about every aspect.

Cashing:

After only spending a handful of turns on Academy, Stoat can use Loot at 170% effectiveness, but then you add in the fact that they have a 50% bonus to missions, and you have a Loot of 255% effectiveness.

On the other hand, Marten can use Goldmine to cash at 200% effectiveness, and then even adding in their bonus, you still only have 260% effectiveness...but they end up using WAY more loyalty than Stoat does with a few Academies and then simple loots.

The verdict? Stoat beats out Marten at their own game.

Feasting:

Stoat can feast at a 255% effectiveness, but Marten only at 130%.

Leader Missions:

Stoat can launch and defend against leader missions at 255% strength, but Marten only at 130%. (And it's even better than that, since high ratios are particularly effective).

Stats:

Stoat has better offense, defense, build, costs(?--this is a guess, since the game guide is currently messed up in certain areas), loyalty, training, scouting, leadership, and foraging.

Stoat beats Marten hands-down.

Alazar is Back

Im on fangs side, stoat pwns! 8-)
Turbo Highest Rank:Co-Emperor with Wolf Snare, Emperor

One of the most underrated players at RWL..

Shadow

i found marten to be much more effective at cashing in the duels round - that may have been down to the location bonuses though - i earned more loyalty than i used when gold mining
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Alazar is Back

yeah, that was either a bug or the location bonuses cause if that was possible now then you could make massive amounts of money!
Turbo Highest Rank:Co-Emperor with Wolf Snare, Emperor

One of the most underrated players at RWL..

White Fang

It was a massive location bonus not previously (nor thereafter) conferred.

taekwondokid42

haven't i already made this argument?

White Fang

Umm...no? You merely stated it as indisputable fact, but you didn't include any supporting arguments.

Gen. Volkov

I'm not sure about the 50% bonus being totally accurate, but I can't confirm, we've really had no chance to test these, and the two games move at such different paces it's quite hard to tell. Plus all the land being locked down in reg isn't helping the situation.

Feasting and Leader missions I will agree on, so stoat is beating Marten, but I'm not sure about the cashing bit. Your percentages are off as well, I think. 170% + 50% = 255% how?
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

White Fang

No, the percentages are not off, because they would stack, rather than concurrently affecting the same base (that being because the 170% IS the base).

So it's adding 50% of 170%, which comes to 255%.

taekwondokid42

Quote from: White Fang on July 25, 2007, 06:13:28 AM
No, the percentages are not off, because they would stack, rather than concurrently affecting the same base (that being because the 170% IS the base).

So it's adding 50% of 170%, which comes to 255%.

And for those of you who want it broken down even further, lets turn these into numbers

0.5 and 1.7

since 1.7 is the base, we multiply 0.5 times 1.7=.85

add 0.85 to the base of 1.7 to get 2.55.

Wolf Snare

lol yea we got it mate.
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

kell

am i the only one who plays this game without doing any maths lol
founder of eire

first emp on the new server

taekwondokid42

The Lady Shael

I stopped playing the game because everyone started using math. =p I'd rather people focus on the rping aspect of the game, instead of equations and ratios and percentages, but that's hard in a game like this. =/
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.