Reg reset

Started by The Lady Shael, July 01, 2007, 01:27:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Lady Shael

Watch this space for more info on the Reg reset. It'll be either tomorrow (Sunday) or Monday.

The reset is July 3rd, Tuesday evening for both servers!

[edit]

Reg is up and open for sign-ups. Duels has been stopped. Turns for Reg will start tomorrow evening. (unless there is overwhelming support for starting them tonight o.o)

http://reg.redwallwarlords.com/

A lot of stuff from Duels carried over, except stuff like the Sea Serpents, no raiders, location names, etc. But I don't think anything in the way of race-balancing was changed. We still want to sit back and watch how all the races and strategies play out over a long period of time.

Clan forums...didn't really have time to do much with them, except if you're in a clan, you can reach your forum from the menu, topics are listed newest first, and founders can edit anyone's posts.

Two things that are pretty different (and rather neat, I may add XD) are on the General's Hut, and the Market. From the General's Hut, you can check the Advancements box to see how much longer your defences or raiders last, or the status of the race-ability you might have used. (Fox's Cloak still doesn't rank properly....='( I can't figure out how to make it work. But now you can Cloak as much as you want, and Uncloak if you want too.)
On the Market, you can buy anything you want that's on the market. Look for the cheapest price, and stuff. Just type in the amount of you want in any of the boxes, press the button, and yay!

~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

kell

one small log in for kell one giant leap for redwall

first to sign up to the new reg
founder of eire

first emp on the new server

taekwondokid42

The Lady Shael

Actually...I was first. =p
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

The Lady Shael

For some reason, the MySQL server shut down on us...sent an email to Bluehost, hopefully they respond quickly.

kell

agh man total bummer
founder of eire

taekwondokid42

Does that mean we lost our hard earned account and will have to start up again :?

The Lady Shael

Nope, your accounts and all the database info is still there...we just can't access it from our pages. =/

The Lady Shael

Okay, it's up now. It was Bluehost's fault...silly Bluehost.

You can now register for both Reg and Turbo, but turns for both have not been started. I'll probably start them in a couple days, so everyone has time to familiarize themselves with the features, and for other people to realize the servers are actually up.

By the way, the only difference between Reg and Turbo at this point is that Reg gives 1 turn per 10 min, and Turbo gives 5 turns per 10 min.

kell

but i want turns now (jumping up and down)
founder of eire

taekwondokid42

Quote from: The Lady Shael on July 01, 2007, 06:37:32 PM
Okay, it's up now. It was Bluehost's fault...silly Bluehost.

*not knowing hardly anything about servers*

couldn't you host a game on your own computer? Because, a game as simple as redwall with less than 50 people playing couldn't possibly take more than a gigabyte? (a fairly insignificant number, seeing as XP is 15, and Vista is 30)

windhound

you're ignoring bandwidth
most of us are on dsl/cable and most isp's dont appreciate you running servers on residential lines

rwl takes maybe, maybe 10 mb of hdd space, the forums...  I'm thinking 60ish, dont remember
I ran the test server on an old HP Pavillion 433 P3 and it ran alright.  I also have an older IBM Netfinity webserver (bugger weighs around 50lbs)

but yeah.  none of us (or our families) are willing to pay, what, 120/month for business class dsl/cable

er, just to be sure, bandwidth is how much data is being transferred over the line
for instance, if you have a 120kb image on your webpage, it'll use 120kb bandwidth to transfer the image from the server to the person viewing the website
we dont really have any large images, and all our pages are fairly light, but when somone makes a run they constantly load new pages, making rwl's monthly bandwidth usage usually between 1-2gig
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

taekwondokid42

Thanks.

No, I did not know about bandwidth, but I appreciate you telling me.

The Lady Shael

Hey everyone, Shael's in Canada. Can't stay long at the moment, so I'm only posting to say that we have a fairly good amount of people signed up for Reg now (it'd be nice to see more =D), so I'm starting turns tomorrow evening. Can't give a specific time because my internet accessibility isn't predictable. Hopefully sometime tomorrow evening.

taekwondokid42

A friend of mine went to canada. One day, all she ate was with syrup. Hot dogs, soda, ice cream, cheese, chicken, ect.

In turn, I didn't play warlords for 1 hour. :gasp: