Squads

Started by The Lady Shael, June 06, 2007, 08:44:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Lady Shael

My boyfriend Mike is programming an MMORPG (one of those real-time online RPG games) named Squads. He just started putting together ideas and a staff at the beginning of the summer.

Things are going slow though, and right now we're struggling to get the storyline and content finished so we can just get into programming.

You can see the site and forums here(sign up on the forums to see what discussion there has been about the game):
http://www.redmoonclassic.com/mike/squads
It's just a temporary layout till we get things moving farther along.

We need people working in Graphics, Storyboard/Content, and Code, but right now we really need help with Storyboard and Content (Content is basically skills, monsters, items, armor, etc).
The more help the better, but don't offer your help unless you know you're actually going to contribute something.

If you have any questions, post here or contact me.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

White Fang

I might be interested in helping in Storyboard/Content; I've done quite a bit of such things in the past.

One question, however: what's the explanation for the "magic" and the "undead?"

The Lady Shael

We're talking about storyline ideas in this topic (can't see it unless you log in): http://www.redmoonclassic.com/mike/Squads/forums.php?forumid=7&postid=2
Basically talks about how the "magic" and "undead" races came about. Nothing is final, we're pretty much just tossing ideas around just so that we have something to work with.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

White Fang

But there will be a natural explanation of some type for it? (I tend to shy away from fictional works that have magic but don't provide such an explanation, since supernatural power either comes from God or Satan, and if it's not attributed directly to God, then it usually comes from His adversary).

Anyway, so long as the answer to my question is "yes," then I'd definitely be interested in helping out in this project.

EDIT: The sign-up process is seriously messed up. I filled in EVERY field, and it still prompts me to fill in the required fields.

The Dark Servant

Quote from: White Fang on June 06, 2007, 07:33:40 PM
EDIT: The sign-up process is seriously messed up. I filled in EVERY field, and it still prompts me to fill in the required fields.
Did you change all the fields from "Username" to whatever you wanted it to be? If you didn't modify the field at all or left it blank it will prompt you to fill in the required field. Try mozilla if you have it, I didn't actually test it with IE7 yet, shouldn't be any problems though. If you're still having problems signing up let me know and i'll make it for you myself.

Hi I'm Mike. Oy linking to the site.. now i feel bad. Maybe i'll put a little more work into the publicly viewable areas of the site later.. xD. But anyways, this is a volunteer project, but we're looking for people who can honestly contribute. If it does end up being the next big MMO, profits will be shared amoungst the team, but keeping things in perspective most of the people working on the game aren't experts in their field, so don't count on this bankrolling your retirement.

We have MSN/AIM meetings frequently, but attendance is never mandatory; its just a place for fellow developers to share ideas and brainstorm.

Shael, that post that you linked to in your previous post is posted in the Developer Forums, only the Staff can view it. I'll try to put up more public information as soon as i can, but this is a new project keep that in mind. I made a rough outline for the beginning of a storyline, but if someones got a better idea for it im all ears. I myself am a programmer, I'm not so much into the storyline and game content itself.

If you think you'd like to work on the project, go ahead and sign up for an account and send a Private Message to DarkServant with information about yourself, previous projects, and what area of the project you'd like to work in. [A previous poster said he had problems making an account, I'm not sure if that has been resolved, but the site works well on mozilla, i'll have to experiment with Internet Exporer 7.0 later.. already know the layout is broken with it, but its just a temp layout, so it doesn't bother me.]

Hope to hear from some of you guys soon!

- Mike
- A game i'm currently working on.

Peace Alliance

Well game design is a passion of mine. I'll be away all summer, but when i get back i'll try to remember to look into the game... storyline s are great, but gameplay sells ;)

The Dark Servant

Peace, would love to hear ideas from you when you're around in the fall =]

In addition, we're looking for more concept artists, and we need a mathmetician[right now we're probably just going to be doing trial and error as far as balance goes untill we get some real math behind it]. Always looking for more people running with storyboard and game content though =].

Btw this post looks like it should be moved to the advertising forum or something, but since an admin made the post i figure its alright.

Hope to hear from more of you guys
- Mike
- A game i'm currently working on.

White Fang

Hey, what happened? The link's dead.

The Lady Shael

The site got hacked and the files got deleted. =/

Vengerak

Had a crack at making a forum account but the registration system kept spazzing.

Kilkenne

Should probably run all the background info (races and stuff) through a spelling/grammar check. It looks pretty sloppy.

Peace Alliance

Kilkenne

Move along, nothing to see here!

Peace Alliance

a visit from kilk, and during the summer slum too! how special!

Kilkenne

I always visit during the summer!