Piano lessons...

Started by The Lady Shael, May 22, 2007, 04:12:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which one best applies to you?

Took piano lessons under the age of 10, and I still play and enjoy it
1 (5.9%)
Took lessons over the age of 10, and still play and enjoy it
1 (5.9%)
Was forced to take piano lessons by parents, and quit soon after (still don't care)
0 (0%)
Was forced to take piano lessons by parents, and quit soon after (kinda regret it)
0 (0%)
Took piano lessons for several years, then quit, don't play much, but I can play some stuff
1 (5.9%)
Never took piano lessons, but I never wanted to, and still don't want to
7 (41.2%)
Never took piano lessons, but I wish I did, and if given the chance, I'd learn
4 (23.5%)
Other (please explain)
3 (17.6%)

Total Members Voted: 16

The Lady Shael

Just curious, as a piano teacher.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

kell

never even thought of playing the piano, i can play the drums and guitar
founder of eire

first emp on the new server

Ashyra Nightwing

Never took piano lessons... well, I did when I was seven, but that only lasted a couple of weeks before we moved house. I've taught myself since then...? :)

idunno

Not to sound rude or anything but it doesn't really interest me too much.  I played a trombone back in fifth grade and got bored and quit.  Never thought much about playing anything ever since.

windhound

I played the clarinet half-heartedly for 5 years, till my brother broke my instrument (tried to assemble it and failed)
I like knowing what the squiggles on a sheet of music mean, but eh
I'd rather listen to others play ^_^
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Gorak

when I was little, I wanted to play the guitar
I later started playing bass instead

I just recently started teaching myself the keys
was never really interested till I got a program that required a MIDI controller
Victory without honour, is more shameful then defeat.

Ruddertail

Never learned the play piano, and never really had any interest in learning any instrument. It'd be kind of fun, but... like windy, I'd have to say I'd rather listen to others.
Kyle says:
"what happens if the land farm drops land"

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II (@ Kilk) on June 12, 2011, 06:16:11 PM
Sober up you fool!

23   ?   Land Farm (Free Land) (#39)   20,779   $23,671,428   Worship   Rat   Southsward

Aqualis

"Less talky, more drivey." ~Hawk, Applegeeks Issue #161

~the mighta awualis

Blood Wake

I'm the only person who wants to learn piano...

I play guitar, bass, drums, and harmonica, I know notes and chords on the piano, but wish I knew a lot more.

I currently own:
two blues harps (Harmonica)
nylon stringed classical guitar
Ibanez S series
12 string ibanez
Johnson viola bass (rip off of the Paul McCartney bass)
steel stringed accoust guitar
crappy keyboards
my step dad has an electric drum kit and a crappy kit that I should claim as my own.

I currently want: lol.
a 5 string bass
an alto sax
a violin
a chello
and a banjo
more harmonicas in different keys
I am Emperor Cornswallow Balthazar Eradicus Shunt VII, ruler of the Blood Wake empire.

picture made by my brother Klowd19

My project, Fasba Fpel broke world records and collaborated with some incredible musicians. Download the free music or watch videos:
h

Peace Alliance

Piano is a fantastic instrument. it's easy to write songs on it, it's great sounding... and VERY easy to learn.

I took it up this year at university (requirement). i got to royal conservatory grade 4 in like 5 months and practiced maybe 30 minutes a week.

bjornredtail

I do wish I could learn to play a keyboard instrument, primarally for practical reasons. It is the simpleist and the most perviliant musical input device. It wold make composeing, particluarlly mutple lines, a lot easier.
0==={=B=J=O=R=N=R=E=D=T=A=I=L==>
AKA, Nevadacow
First person to ever play RWL

"Program testing can be used to show the presence of bugs, but never to show their absence!"-Edsger W. Dijkstra

Visit http://frostnflame.org today!

Shadow

ive played clarinet for 7 years, and its starting to pay off.. just this weekend i did a show that netted me $200 for barely any work
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Gorak

I just bought a new bass today
Ibanez sr905

had to share

kell

my mates flat got robbed along with my Jack Daniel's fender,ill never recover
founder of eire

first emp on the new server

Gorak

that sucks man
I had my prized and irreplaceable luthite, bartolini equipped, EDB600 stolen right off the stage before, so I know how it feels :cry:
but my new sr905 comes close
might even be better :wink: