How can you rip these guys apart? (Gorak & Volky) :-P

Started by Alazar is Back, April 12, 2007, 04:52:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gen. Volkov

That's just not true, if the music is good, I will like the band. I don't care who the band is. New, old, doesn't matter. The problem is Ally, so far, I've heard all the bands you mention, and I I have yet to like a single one of them. Not a single one has been anything special.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Alazar is Back

i guess.......its just a mattter of tastes and some people have bad tastes.....:-P
Turbo Highest Rank:Co-Emperor with Wolf Snare, Emperor

One of the most underrated players at RWL..

Gorak

Quote from: Alazar is Back on April 14, 2007, 12:53:25 AM
i guess.......its just a mattter of tastes and some people have bad tastes.....:-P

your right about that ally, some of you do have bad taste  :-P

the problem is, you only seem to like the catchy tunes. Thats why they get radio play, cause they're catchy. Problem with catchy tunes is, most of us get really sick of them after about the third time hearing them, then, when a slew of other bands come out with the same sound, it makes us want to vomit.

me, I'm always on the lookout for new bands. My playlist grows rapidly (25 gigs in the last 6 months)
the thing I look for most in a song, is how it's written and produced, how it flows, envokes emotion, melody, ect.
these crap radio fad bands you keep posting, all use the exact structure for all their songs. There's no originalaty, just a structure copied to make a catchy, commercial tune. No emotion, no soul.

as for bugging you, heh, now you know how we feel :wink:
Victory without honour, is more shameful then defeat.

Aqualis

"Less talky, more drivey." ~Hawk, Applegeeks Issue #161

~the mighta awualis

windhound

A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Gorak

Victory without honour, is more shameful then defeat.

Aqualis

"Less talky, more drivey." ~Hawk, Applegeeks Issue #161

~the mighta awualis

Peace Alliance

thats silly, the chorus isn't a verse at all.

intro
verse
verse
chorus
bridge
chorus
verse
(chorus optional)
ending

outro is a silly word, it's the ending of a song, eesh!

if you want a perfect example of the perfect standard just listen to blink 182 (i take NO responsibility for the ear bleeding that will most likely ensue) and you'll see exactly how every pop song is supposed to be structured.

Blood Wake

silly peace, the last verse is optional, not the last chorus, just about every song I have ever heard has a chorus at the end of the Bridge, a lot of songs don't have a verse at the end of the bridge though.
I am Emperor Cornswallow Balthazar Eradicus Shunt VII, ruler of the Blood Wake empire.

picture made by my brother Klowd19

My project, Fasba Fpel broke world records and collaborated with some incredible musicians. Download the free music or watch videos:
h

Peace Alliance

it's chorus after the bridge... thats how i had it.

and the last verse after the bridge is actually quite crucial since it's supposed to sum everything up. the bridge itself can be vocal or it can be musical. Usually if it's vocal it's considered the turnaround point for the story in the song. The last verse is the conclusion.  then sometimes it sounds right to end with another chorus thats altered to be an ending, or just go right to the ending.

trust me dude, i've studied these things :-D

cloud

Quote from: Aqualis on April 14, 2007, 09:47:44 PM
intro
verse
verse
bridge
verse
outro

what's wrong with that, it's better than the awful music volkov listens to. (minus metallica)
"Through the wonders of scientific and mathematical reasoning, we can now reasonable infer that "cloud" is in fact "a bear"."
-Kilk

Once an emperor, always an emperor...

Gen. Volkov

Quotewhat's wrong with that, it's better than the awful music volkov listens to. (minus metallica)

Awful? Many of the bands I listed are legends of rock and metal. The greatest ever. I've heard people say that all musical progression stopped after Led Zeppelin made Stairway to Heaven. So you know what? You can kiss my big white butt cloud. XD.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

cloud

Quote from: Gen. Volkov on April 17, 2007, 08:43:43 PM
Quotewhat's wrong with that, it's better than the awful music volkov listens to. (minus metallica)

Awful? Many of the bands I listed are legends of rock and metal. The greatest ever. I've heard people say that all musical progression stopped after Led Zeppelin made Stairway to Heaven. So you know what? You can kiss my big white [Behind] cloud. XD.

Then they're obviously wrong seeing as kurt cobain led the best music revolution ever  :wink:
"Through the wonders of scientific and mathematical reasoning, we can now reasonable infer that "cloud" is in fact "a bear"."
-Kilk

Gen. Volkov

What? Grunge? Bah. Don't get me wrong, Nirvana is a great band, but grunge in general? Well, I can live without it. Grunge was certainly not the best music ever.

cloud

grunge set the general trend for all modern day music.
-Kilk