Movies to watch!

Started by Alazar is Back, April 04, 2007, 02:20:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alazar is Back

w/e lol

anyone seen larry the cable guy health inspector???
Turbo Highest Rank:Co-Emperor with Wolf Snare, Emperor

One of the most underrated players at RWL..

Blood Wake

Health inspecter is funny.

today Snare asked me if he should see 300 or pathfinder, I'd never heard of pathfinder so I watched the trailer and it looked awesome, I told snare to see 300 then I called my buddies to tell them we should see Pathfinder at 9:40, and it was terrible, I was so bored even durring suspensfull action scenes, the dialog was terrible at parts. for some reason the indians spoke english. the computer graphics looked like pictures done with paint. it was amazing... ly bad

thanks Snare
I am Emperor Cornswallow Balthazar Eradicus Shunt VII, ruler of the Blood Wake empire.

picture made by my brother Klowd19

My project, Fasba Fpel broke world records and collaborated with some incredible musicians. Download the free music or watch videos:
h

Ashyra Nightwing

I saw a film with Tom Cruise in it the other day...

He has a mole on his face...

But that is not the point. It was 'Vanilla Sky'. Good film.

Arguia Zsah

The last film I watched was Flushed Away -laugh- and at the cinema Mr Bean. Haha. xD

Both with family. Gotta love mt total lack of social life/friends I actually see. xD

Gen. Volkov

I saw "Stranger than Fiction" the other day. It was pretty good. Not typical Will Ferrell humor, but still funny.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Gorak

just watched Blades of Glory

good for a laugh

before that, it was Lady in The Water
also good, but I could see why so many didn't like it
Victory without honour, is more shameful then defeat.

Arguia Zsah

Quote from: Gen. Volkov on April 18, 2007, 02:13:06 PM
I saw "Stranger than Fiction" the other day. It was pretty good. Not typical Will Ferrell humor, but still funny.

I enjoyed that film xD

My favourite recent film has to be Little Miss Sunshine though. I laughed and cried...

kell

Little Miss Sunshine reminded me of that chevy chase movie national lapoons something or other where they're traveling across country to get to some theme park
founder of eire

first emp on the new server

Gen. Volkov

Little Miss Sunshine was good. It was one of those were it was funny, but at some points, you almost couldn't bear to watch.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Alazar is Back

I wanted to see Blades of Glory but i went with my little sis and her friends (parents made me....) so we watched are we done yet, stupid movie, its so freaking boring!!!

Alazar is Back

y'all gotta watch the messengers its a pretty sweet movie and it actually scared me a whole 2 times!

Naltaca

Ha, Volkov, what does historical accuracy matter? It's one of those "based on a true story" bits. What matters is that it was about a story, the story had a decent plot, the visuals were stunning, slaves are not equal to freemen, therefore freedom applies as the ideal of every freeman. Also, on the scene with the swords and the giant guy, from that angle it's very hard to tell the positioning of the sword through the back of his neck anyways if my memory serves me. But anyways, this was a movie based on a comic, it was not "300: The Historically Accurate Documentation."
COOL STORY BRO

Gen. Volkov

The reason it matters is because the director of the film claims 90% historical accuracy. Which is completely ridiculous, it's more like 20% historically accurate, if that. It was a very visually entertaining movie, but as far as plot and characters go, it sucked. The plot was utterly predictable, and the characters never got past 2 dimensions.

As for the head getting cut off scene, the angle there was PERFECT. The shot was from the back of the giant's head. You see the sword disappear behind the neck and reappear on the other side. The sword does not penetrate all the way through the neck.

Sparta was a tyrannical MONARCHY that was founded on perpetual slavery of an entire other civilization.. How in the heck does that equate to freedom in any way? The Athenians were big on freedom, and yes, it only applied to free men, but their slaves could become free men. The Spartans slaves could not. The graphic novel of 300 did not have all that rhetoric about freedom. They put that in as a political ploy, nothing more.

Alazar is Back

i dont care about the historical accuracy i just thought that the movie was awesome!

Gen. Volkov

Of course you did Alazar, of course you did. :-)