GARLOR

Started by Blood Wake, March 30, 2007, 12:22:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alazar is Back

idk what to say, all i can say is that you should talk to jesus yourself and see why exactly he did it, jesus does alot of wierd and unsuspecting things, you never know!!!! :-o

Beware the power of Jesus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8-)
Turbo Highest Rank:Co-Emperor with Wolf Snare, Emperor

One of the most underrated players at RWL..

Gen. Volkov

You shouldn't say anything, you can't invoke the power of Jesus unless the devil or demons are involved, and since Chuck Norris eats demons for breakfast, there is no way to invoke his power without blaspheming.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

kell

Jesus will only help us cathloic Irish, to kill all our enemies!!!
founder of eire

first emp on the new server

Gen. Volkov

What about the non-catholic Irish?
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

kell

he wont help them  :evil:

he'll only help us (evil laugh)
founder of eire

Gen. Volkov

Well that's not very Christian of him... ROFL.

kell

who said jesus was a christian? he founded catholicism everything after that was a splinter group (thats the wrong wording but I couldn't think of the right one) eg calvinism,lutheranism etc
founder of eire

kell

since the watchtower are gone does that mean GARLOR won the war???
founder of eire

Ruddertail

Quote from: kell on April 12, 2007, 09:46:50 PM
who said jesus was a christian? he founded catholicism everything after that was a splinter group (thats the wrong wording but I couldn't think of the right one) eg calvinism, lutheranism etc

Not necessarily. The Apostles founded the Christian church. Somewhere, over a thousand or so years, that developed into what became known as the Catholic church. The other groups split off over ways they felt the Catholics had distorted original Christianity (in other words, following Christ) through tradition and focus on human hirearchies (Ie, saying that it was God > Pope > Cardinals > Priests > everyone else, rather then just God > all mankind)

Kyle says:
"what happens if the land farm drops land"

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II (@ Kilk) on June 12, 2011, 06:16:11 PM
Sober up you fool!

23   ?   Land Farm (Free Land) (#39)   20,779   $23,671,428   Worship   Rat   Southsward

kell

not entirely true luther founded his church in disagreement above the wealthy buying their their way into heaven in what was called (thinking.......)cant remember the hirearchies of the church was not one of his theses it had more so to do with the churches corruption
founder of eire

Ruddertail

Ah, yes. My mistake not including that. I'm pretty sure that at least some of them objected to hirearchies, some to distortions or corruption, etc.

But they split off because they felt the Catholic Church had diverged from what it was supposed to be.
Kyle says:

Sober up you fool!

23   ?   Land Farm (Free Land) (#39)   20,779   $23,671,428   Worship   Rat   Southsward

kell

Ruddertail you know your renaissance history i take my hat off to you, Im not sure of his entire 92 points but ill concede to you that hirearchies probably were mentioned
founder of eire

Ruddertail

Hmm. There were 95, and they do indeed seem to be focused on indulgences. However, I remember reading a paper by Luther attacking putting too much trust/granting too much authority to the Pope. Probably that came later, the 95 were the first swing of the Reformation, if you will, and it grew from there.
Kyle says:

Sober up you fool!

Blood Wake

I am Emperor Cornswallow Balthazar Eradicus Shunt VII, ruler of the Blood Wake empire.

picture made by my brother Klowd19

My project, Fasba Fpel broke world records and collaborated with some incredible musicians. Download the free music or watch videos:
h

Gen. Volkov

Wow, teach me to crack jokes with Irish catholics. Next time I do, I'll remember to be prepared to discuss church history.

BTW Rudder, the original church was called the catholic church, catholic means "universal". Then the original catholic church split into the Roman catholic church, i.e the one Martin Luther had problems with, and the orthodox church, which prevailed in the Eastern Roman Empire and on into the Byzantine Empire.