mouse

Started by zack harmon, March 09, 2007, 08:58:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zack harmon

i would like to recommend a new race a mouse. it could be focused on farming. it could have a spell of the double grain spell
I've seen three Barbarians rush into 400  enemies unarmed and i have seen some crazy people to.

Alazar is Back

yeah, i like this idea, like a "super" feast kinda like gold mine, less loyalty spent double the money, or reather the same loyalty spent and double production! Seeing as a mouse is peaceful in most cases i think that the farmer bonuses would be good!
Turbo Highest Rank:Co-Emperor with Wolf Snare, Emperor

One of the most underrated players at RWL..

windhound

Hi!
If you'll notice, all the races are vermin.  A mouse just wouldnt fit as well
however, we already have, more or less, a food race:  the fox
http://www.redwallwarlords.com/rwl.php?action=help&guide=races

its not pure food by any means, but maybe sticker (peace) will look at it when he's playing with race balancing (which he is currently doing I believe)
giving a race the ability to 'goldmine' food might be good
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Alazar is Back

yeah, then since there was some contreversy about the fox's special ability maybe we should give it a special food spell!

Peace Alliance

Mmm, I definitely don't plan on keeping the fox as a food massing race.

Wolf is generally good for food massing... in fact Wolf is rather excellent at massing food.

Personally i don't think food should be worth so much NW, and have been contemplating lowering it. The benefits of food is that it can help you feed armies, and help you feed your allies armies... it shouldn't really be THAT big of a benefit to your NW

White Fang

Yeah, Wolf should definitely have the double feast ability, IMO.

Though if the NW on food is lowered, the only way to really get net will be armies, and it's really hard to support a very large army for long.

windhound

*grin*
I thiink thats the point White Fang
make people work for their net

ofcourse, this naturally makes windy sad.   :cry:
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Peace Alliance

Troops, money, land, leaders... those are the things that create true value in this game, those are the things that should effect your networth.

Alazar is Back

yeah, but the Nw that food gives, gives another demensioin to the game, ntm its still hard to keep up with the leaders, and indys.....i think mouse is a good idea because it would be used for a peaceful strat using a peacefu character,no vermin is gonna gather up just food and not attack :wink:

Peace Alliance

But we already have races that are perfect for peaceful strats

windhound

the fox is almost perfect for a peaceful strat as is (excellent leader abilities, really bad attack / defence)
but you said you were goin' to change it..  so meh

Peace Alliance

I don't see how the wolf isn't currently the best peaceful race... and it'll still be, even after my revamps.

The indy races i'm making will be okey at storing stuff up without leaders, if you for some reason wanna do that.

zack harmon

I think the point people are trying to make is the leader strat is to powerful some one who wants to indy against them would have to have alot of land. ex: i had 25-30 thousand land and was using the leader strat i made 200mill a loot spell i could get troops esay because of that. but a person doing indy or somthing else couldnt get that much money in 2 turns so it would be pointless to use another strat. i myself would love to try out an indy strat if it matched the leader strat in power
I've seen three Barbarians rush into 400  enemies unarmed and i have seen some crazy people to.

Peace Alliance

lots of food and a double food spell wouldn't help out indy'ers at all...

zack harmon

i know but the leader strat is to powerful and no other strat can match it.