Opps-sy

Started by wolf bite, March 09, 2007, 10:56:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wolf bite

Opps-sy

In order that everyone knows our games are fair to all, when Admins have playing accounts, the rules we place on ourselves are very firm so no one would think we have any advantage.  Sometimes simple carelessness can give the appearance that we are doing something unfair.

Last month.  Peace took a few turns on his Reg playing account when not showing logged in.  He said he was sorry.  Then 2 times this week he has made the same mistake on he Turbo account.  He does not deny making this mistake.

Let me explain how this could happen.  When an Admin signs in, their Admin account will show they are on line for only the first hour they are on.  After that the Admin account does not show we are on line spying.  We can go onto any persons account and have all the same buttons just like the screen you see when you are playing.  If we go onto our playing account to check mail or something, we are not seen as on line.  Now here comes the mistake, if we leave the window open, then return to the game, it looks like we are signed into our playing account and could believe we are.  Then could take turns without the star next to our name showing we are on line.

When thinking about it, I see another area where having an aggressive account could be unfair.  Players may think the player is off line, but the admin is on doing other duties, when the Admin sees an attack on their playing account, they could switch over and defend.  This too would be unfair since normal players can not watch the scores without being shown as on line.

After checking Peaces account, I find he did not do anything that would have given him an advantage.  He scouted and attacked the land farm.  He had no intent to deceive or misuse his powers.  I have disabled his turbo account for one day and peace voluntarily has put his Reg account on vacation for 3 days.

We hereby make a new rule so this will not happen again:

?If an Admin has an aggressive account, they can only view that account when signed directly into that account.  When doing their job as Admin, they must also show they are on line on their playing account.?

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Alazar is Back

idk if its true but some1 in my clan on turbo said that him and another person were attacking him when suddenly he had a ton of land, when he was almost dead, so idk who's telling the truth but thats the other side of the story! :wink:
Turbo Highest Rank:Co-Emperor with Wolf Snare, Emperor

One of the most underrated players at RWL..

Yellow Eyes

You could always add some code that adds another symbol such as an & or something instead of the * if the admin is online and on his Admin account, but playing on his playing account.

Alazar is Back

or you can just stop it completely :-P

cloud

Quote from: Alazar is Back on March 09, 2007, 07:52:14 PM

afraid of the admins are we?

Don't worry, wolf bite's bark is a lot worse than his bite.
"Through the wonders of scientific and mathematical reasoning, we can now reasonable infer that "cloud" is in fact "a bear"."
-Kilk

Once an emperor, always an emperor...

Alazar is Back

Quote from: cloud on March 09, 2007, 08:13:14 PM
Quote from: Alazar is Back on March 09, 2007, 07:52:14 PM

afraid of the admins are we?

Don't worry, wolf bite's bark is a lot worse than his bite.

no i am not, he dont play turbo, but i just dont liek cheating :-P

wolf bite

Rest assured, I was on peace?s account right behind him (hidden) watching him take his turns as that land seemed to magically appear. It was legitimate actions that peace did.  I have checked deep into the account.  The guy made a mistake by logging into the wrong account, that was all.  No other Admin powers were used by peace.  Everyone gets a day lead on him for his mistake. 

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite

Alazar is Back

Quote from: wolf bite on March 09, 2007, 08:38:13 PM
Rest assured, I was on peace?s account right behind him (hidden) watching him take his turns as that land seemed to magically appear. It was legitimate actions that peace did. I have checked deep into the account. The guy made a mistake by logging into the wrong account, that was all. No other Admin powers were used by peace. Everyone gets a day lead on him for his mistake.

Wolf Bite

no, i dont doubt you only giving the other side of the story! I have complete trust in you!

wolf bite

We are both saying the same story.  To be more factual, a few people were doing a kill run on him, someone attacked him and lost land to him in their attack, which made his land jump.  He was not on line at that time, they attacked him more for the kill.  He then checked his account though his Admin account, he did not have the time to start making attacks, so he quickly used about 200 turns scouting.  The next day, he logged on his Admin account and saw I had brought LL Scouting back to life and it had land, he made three attacks on Scouting.  I disabled the account.  I know you trust me, but you can see that both what I am saying and what was seen match up.

Almost every prom game has had Admins that have been accused of cheating (some were).   In over 4 years, we have never had such a thing here, nor will we.  I was VERY careful in my checking on this matter.  I have come to like peace and admire the growth and changes in him from years ago, but if I even thought he was cheating, my furry would be many times heavier than on anyone else because he is in a position of power.

Wolf Bite
Edit: minor fixes
Grand Master Wolf Bite

cloud

lol...i didn't know you were into that sort of thing wb...(alluding to furries)

haha, i know what you meant, but I got a kick out of it the first time I read it.
"Through the wonders of scientific and mathematical reasoning, we can now reasonable infer that "cloud" is in fact "a bear"."
-Kilk

Once an emperor, always an emperor...

Neobaron

I think he meant "fury."

o.0
Neobaron, first among the lords of the south and captain of the flying skiff

Quote from: Death on February 08, 2010, 09:40:29 PM
oh lawd the drama done begun yo

Quote from: HolbyI am writing a post explaining how lame you are.

windhound

furries scare me
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Neobaron

noes!

Beware teh powerz huf teh furries!

Gorak

my furry is heavier then yours
Victory without honour, is more shameful then defeat.

Neobaron

HEY!

Youre supposed to be making the pics thread all about you.

Besides, this is about Wolf Bites furry.

Run along now. :P