Out of the closet

Started by wolf bite, February 21, 2007, 05:36:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wolf bite

I had noticed how low the player base had become on our regular server and knew that Peace was entering the game to try to correct some matters. The best way for me to know what was happening was to join the game. I dropped my power to go onto the individual accounts to be fair and made my first playing account in years. I noticed that most of the players were in the same clan or allied with them. I also noticed that those few people not in the ?clan? would be wiped out as the only land source. This is very bad because any new members we get will be slaughtered out of the game. I came out of protection and was massively attacked and even murdered, which did not surprise me. I started conversations to see if there was any big plans to change the way things were working, and found little is being worked on beyond small talk. I then noticed a few accounts which seemed to be multies. I could not prove either way on those accounts without my full admin powers so I antagonized them in hopes to get them to slip up. Although I am almost always right, I seem to be wrong this time.

However we still have problems on Reg. With Wolf Snare sitting on top beyond reach and passing aid down as the only other players are handing land up, and at the same time slaughtering any new players, this game has stalled. Something must change!

Either:
Snare announces himself unbeatable and deletes (without sending aid to create a new unbeatable emperor)
The major clan breaks up and wars
Or I call for a Regular reset

Our game has to be fun for people to play it and not leave. There has to be a chance for new people or they will not play.

What are your thoughts?

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Wolf Snare

I'm far from unbeatable. I would step down if I felt I was in any position of power, but I'm really not, and have no intention of being, yet.
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Alazar is Back

i have plans to split the clan in half anyways, let me know if i can do anything to help!!!! :-P
Turbo Highest Rank:Co-Emperor with Wolf Snare, Emperor

One of the most underrated players at RWL..

wolf bite

Snare,

I don?t think you are too big to be beaten down. I think the situation makes the game stalled.

You are 10 times the land size of the other members.
You are allied with all but 2 of the players.
You send aid to people to attack the few enemies.
No enemy can get big enough to attack you.
You are not in a clan.
When the land does build up, you have someone hand it up to you.
Any new person that joins will be the only target for the rest of the game.
With no new members there is no new land.

Where does anyone see a game here?

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite

Wolf Snare

You are mistaken in several points:

QuoteYou are 10 times the land size of the other members.

1. Yes, I have 10x the land everyone else does, but believe me I let it float around from player to player for far longer than most would resist, and let me tell you that no one did a whole lot of anything with it. I figured if I am playing, I might aswell use the land situation to my advantage. I have minimal defences, its funny how the mind works actually; I had heavy defences for quite a while, and people would attack several times without breaking. After a couple of weeks, people realized there was no point in continuing to try to break me, and when I noticed I wasnt being hit once between runs, I decided to test my theory out. Instead of holding crazy amounts of troops, I instead started massing large amounts of resources and sitting on solely that for NW. People never knew the difference.
Of course, when I heard Peace Alliance and yourself had signed up to take me down, I started putting up defences as a precaution, but still not many. If someone were dedicated enough, they could mass an army and take a nice chunk of my land in one run.

QuoteYou are allied with all but 2 of the players.

2.I am allied with a few select players, the others are nuetral to me and I don't bother them if they dont bother me. Infact the setup may seem simple: the big clan supports the bigger emperor, but thats far from wahts happening. I have a couple people help me cut corners when I need to, but the truth is half of the large clan you are talknig about is secretly plotting to take me down. How's that for a twist? So in technicality, far more than 2 people are my enemy. including two of the best players ever to play this game, that is if PA decides to come back after me.

QuoteYou send aid to people to attack the few enemies.

3. I send aid to those who ask for it. All I require is a message, and I will generously aid whoever is in need. However I've recently been more careful since I caught word of the clan and their plot to kill me; nothing sillier than aiding your enemies in taking you down. Keep in mind though, that the only true enemy I have at this point is PA. I try my hardest not to be like a dictator, but PA has his mind set on "freeing" the game from the "evil Tyrant" sittingo n top. Fair enough, I always like a challenge, but I am just playing the game and not taking on an evil role at all. Don't get me wrong, I think it'd be fun to lock down the game like ereptor and PA himself used to, but I dont have much motivation to be an evil figure.

QuoteNo enemy can get big enough to attack you.

4. In my current state, I am pretty vulnerable. Although I'm not currently clanned ( due to some personal conflict with PA) I am mostly made up of land NW and resources. If any decent player wanted to bring the land back into the game, it wouldn't take them near as much preperation as you make it out to seem.

QuoteYou are not in a clan.

5. I recently declanned because it was common sense to. Sure you can say It'd be honorable to stay clanned and face my attackers head on, but that is hardly the case. there is no honor in being leader attacked then murdered 300 times, and I expected PA to come in and try something a little more inventive and actually take the throne with pride... But he had other plans in mind.

QuoteWhen the land does build up, you have someone hand it up to you.

6.I've never asked someone to be my "minion" and grab land for me.. It's no stretch for me to do it myself. The clan of arrows usually does a good enough job rounding the land up within their ranks, and I just have to scoop it off of the couple landfat members they have.

QuoteAny new person that joins will be the only target for the rest of the game.

7. This has nothing to do with me. The clan of arrows is directly responsible for all of the attacks they make, and that is where the majority/all of the attacks on new warlords are coming from. I do not give them orders in any way,

QuoteWith no new members there is no new land.

Me and Alazar have been working hard recruiting new members, but the problem at hand is the clan of arrows raping everyone that comes out of protection. I think splitting them up would be the best decision.
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Gorak

this is why I am a fan of regular monthly resets

though, I may find time to recreate here ( I have a bit of history of taking down so called "dominate" clans)
though I'm not up to par with the code here (my usual strats don't work here) I'm sure I can muster some challenge
Victory without honour, is more shameful then defeat.

wolf bite

Snare,

Don?t get me wrong, there are a lot of fair, honorable, and legal ways to win, diplomacy is one of them.

1.   Yes, I sat as emperor for months when there was over a hundred people playing with no army because of nothing but the fear of my retaliation. But in my situation I had enemies within reach of me. You don?t.
2.   There are always plots to take someone down. People need to act on them. Did anyone jump over to help Peace, that would have been the perfect opportunity. No one did!
3.   I sat on line watching you send large amounts of aid. And why not when you have a truce with the whole game. Just because you have not recently (as in a few days) done so does not make a difference.
4.   You are not vulnerable. No one has the net to reach you and there is not enough land in the game to build up to you.
5.   It was wise to de-clan, otherwise people could have reached you.
6.   On this one I am calling you out side on. I sat on line watching ?I have returned? scoop up a bunch of land, then you took it all when he was on line. He then joined your clan, took leadership and kicked you clanless.
7.   The clan has no choice but to wipe out the small people because you have all the useable land.

I want to make one more point, since you kept bringing up Peace. He did not join to ?get you.? He joined so you would have a fomable enemy and the game could start moving again. But you sent aid to have him killed, as you fired some of the very last shots at him. In short, you wipped out your only competition.

When it was suspected that my account may have been a vet, and even maybe me, there were plans to kill that account.

If I was a new player, I would have deleted in a week.

Wolf Bite
PS, good to see you around Gorak.
Grand Master Wolf Bite

Alazar is Back

Ok Wolf i am on it i have split the clan (made a new one and asked some or the other members to join). As for new players i have used every possible way to get new players back here, there is a new player from valhall here too now....thanks to yours truely, as for the Snare getting help////sending help, i will guarantee you that i am his main guy that he interacts with and i havent got a bit of aid in quite awhile and i have not land grabbed for him, i have returned did not either, he was actaully quite mad about it. ( I keep in close contact with him too!) In any other circumstance i would have jumped over and helped peace but i have enough honor to stick to my fealties with Snare!

P.S. If there is andything else that i can do to help make the game better please tell me! Thanx

Ruddertail

Wolf,

Instead of resetting right away, why not see what you can pull together for a counter - clan. If you can't succeed, well, we can assume we need a reset. If you can, well, all the better.
Kyle says:
"what happens if the land farm drops land"

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II (@ Kilk) on June 12, 2011, 06:16:11 PM
Sober up you fool!

23   ?   Land Farm (Free Land) (#39)   20,779   $23,671,428   Worship   Rat   Southsward

Alazar is Back

Quote from: Ruddertail on February 21, 2007, 10:49:45 PM
Wolf,

Instead of resetting right away, why not see what you can pull together for a counter - clan. If you can't succeed, well, we can assume we need a reset. If you can, well, all the better.

ok one thing about that is, is that the clan we're talking about is a noob clan, there was not any really good players in it like back when the clan of evil blades flourished!

Scarwake

You were in the Clan of Evil Blades??  Perhaps that is why the name looks so familiar.
Member of the ROC: 03/14/2000
Emperor of

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rwl/  RWL Photo Album
In-Character Album

Ruddertail

Alazar - Snare is the real challenge, in that case. Anyway, if a clan of good players can't take down an emp, then you need to reset. If they can, then the emp falls, an things loosen up a little more.
Kyle says:
"what happens if the land farm drops land"

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II (@ Kilk) on June 12, 2011, 06:16:11 PM
Sober up you fool!

23   ?   Land Farm (Free Land) (#39)   20,779   $23,671,428   Worship   Rat   Southsward

Gorak

If you do create a counter clan, PM me and I'll create
Victory without honour, is more shameful then defeat.

Alazar is Back

Quote from: Scarwake on February 21, 2007, 10:59:23 PM
You were in the Clan of Evil Blades?? Perhaps that is why the name looks so familiar.

actaully i was for awhile and i know the greatness of the clan!

Quote from: Ruddertail on February 21, 2007, 11:01:57 PM
Alazar - Snare is the real challenge, in that case. Anyway, if a clan of good players can't take down an emp, then you need to reset. If they can, then the emp falls, an things loosen up a little more.

yeah well then im sure therell be a chance for that very soon!

Quote from: Gorak on February 21, 2007, 11:05:33 PM
If you do create a counter clan, PM me and I'll create

that would be sweet dude, its nice to see some competition back into this game!

wolf bite

Thanks everyone for jumping in to make a better place for all. I want to make clear that the RWL Admins never control what happens in the game. So I am not telling anyone what to do or making anyone do any thing.

However, any person can force a reset with 2 Admin?s approval (which is normaly hard to get) and then a vote of all players. What I am saying is that if things go unchanged, I will try to get a second Admin to vote for a reset then continue the presses.

In order to have a good game:
New players need to ?believe? they have even a slim chance to reach the top, not be slaughtered.
The people playing need to have something to do, such as competition.

What ever you guys find to fix this will be fine.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite