The REAL REAL music poll

Started by Gorak, February 14, 2007, 10:33:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What kind of music do you most enjoy?

New Wave Metal (Nu Metal/Metalcore/Screamo/ect.)
0 (0%)
Real Metal (Heavy Metal/power metal/deathmetal/ect)
3 (20%)
Rock (Rock&Roll/Hard Rock/Classic Rock/ect)
8 (53.3%)
Industrial/Electronica
0 (0%)
Club/Techno/Dance
2 (13.3%)
Hip Hop/ Rap
0 (0%)
Pop/R&B
0 (0%)
Folk
0 (0%)
Classical
0 (0%)
Opera
0 (0%)
Jazz
0 (0%)
Fusion/Neo Classical
0 (0%)
Country
2 (13.3%)
Easy Listening
0 (0%)
Blues
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Aqualis

Well, we'll take the 40 mph over the limit in the breakdown lane as an example. I'm in Chicago on the 355 tollway, the highway is packed. I'm in the far left lane. Guy on my right an a little in front of me decides he wants to come over, so I honk at him. He looks over his shoulder and decides to come over anyways. I can't slam on the brakes because the guy behind is to close. I cant go to the right or forward because that's where the guy trying to kill me is. So my only option was to go left and try and get in front of Mr. Oblivious.

There are no cars in the breakdown lane as far as I can see so I pull over and gun it. When glanced at the speedometer just before merging back in, it was passed 90. The speed limit was 55.

See, perfectly logical.

And, to make this relevant, it just so happens I was listening to Savatage when that happened.
"Less talky, more drivey." ~Hawk, Applegeeks Issue #161

~the mighta awualis

Alazar is Back

Nice, that takes some true skill and some quick thinking! Who////what is savatage??
Turbo Highest Rank:Co-Emperor with Wolf Snare, Emperor

One of the most underrated players at RWL..

Gorak

it happens
my first ticket was from passing a line of 6 RV's
I knew the road got narrow and windy up ahead, and really didn't want to get stuck behind them
cop clocked me at 148

was also nailed once for racing, I couldn't resist showing the rich kid in the C5 that my old rusty Olds still had some kick, he had me clocked at 260!
after slowing down (to what felt to me as under the speed limit) a cop came by stopped me, seems I was still doin 160.

I got a 3 month suspension for that

(speeds in kph)

and I was pounding the metal both times

and Sabatoge is a song by the Beasty Boys
Victory without honour, is more shameful then defeat.

Alazar is Back

Quote from: Gorak on February 17, 2007, 04:03:41 PM
it happens
my first ticket was from passing a line of 6 RV's
I knew the road got narrow and windy up ahead, and really didn't want to get stuck behind them
cop clocked me at 148

was also nailed once for racing, I couldn't resist showing the rich kid in the C5 that my old rusty Olds still had some kick, he had me clocked at 260!
after slowing down (to what felt to me as under the speed limit) a cop came by stopped me, seems I was still doin 160.

I got a 3 month suspension for that

(speeds in kph)

and I was pounding the metal both times

oh lol, dude your crazy, and I was thinking that there was no way your olds went 260 until you said (speeds in kph) lol, only three months??? And thanks, ill have to download that one!

Peace Alliance

See, i consider myself a smart speeder. I'll drive like a lunatic but not when i'm running the risk of getting caught. I know every single speed trap on the way to the city from my house. And a lot of places i go, i have memorized every single reflector on the side of the road so i know when someone's parked.

My only ticket was for 120 :( oh and the other was for 70 in a 40.

My dad caught me speeding during Christmas break because i left the GPS on and it logged my max speed, OOPS

Gorak

yeah, I posted, and then thought
I better put units in cause most of you use MPH

but yeah, 260kph = about 155MPH
Victory without honour, is more shameful then defeat.

windhound

Still darn fast  :-P

only vote for country, yay.  depends on the moment what I listen to, though my radio has been set to country more often than not lately

just a note, its never good to slam on breaks, but its always better to put the guy behind you at fault than it is to put yourself at fault.  If the guy behind you is following too close thats his problem, not yours.

I'm getting the feeling my little tan ranger is invisible to some people..  I've had many people try to merge into my lane while I was in it, whats worse is that Ford put a rather wimpy horn in her.  Though I do tend to slam the accelerator rather than reach for the break when somone does somthin stupid around me...  4.0L V6 ftw.   
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

The Lady Shael

Rock, definitely. I like listening to pretty much any kind of music (except some screamo and death metal), but most of the music I listen to ends up being the rock genre.

*waits for someone to create a poll titled "The REAL REAL REAL music poll"*
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Aqualis

Quote from: Gorak on February 17, 2007, 04:03:41 PM

No. That's wasn't a typo. Savatage is a band.

~the mighta awualis

Alazar is Back

Quote from: The Lady Shael on February 18, 2007, 08:15:06 PM
Rock, definitely. I like listening to pretty much any kind of music (except some screamo and death metal), but most of the music I listen to ends up being the rock genre.

*waits for someone to create a poll titled "The REAL REAL REAL music poll"*

*agrees* I do happen to end up in country alot if I don't listen to rock, then once in a blue moon I'll take out some eminem!

Gen. Volkov

Country... blecch. I never listen to country if I can help it. But, I still listen to it more than I listen to rap. My radio presets are nothing but metal/hard rock stations.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Ashyra Nightwing

Music?

I'm going to see ...and you will know us by the trail of dead tonight.

Ehehe. Ehehehehe. Ehe.

*excited*

Alazar is Back

Yeah well where I live there is no rock stations, there is all country and one rap! And the rest is crappy old country and poo like that!
Quote from: Ashyra Nightwing on February 19, 2007, 04:57:58 AM
Music?

Ehehe. Ehehehehe. Ehe.

*excited*

wat? what are you talking about?

Ashyra Nightwing

Quote from: Alazar is Back on February 19, 2007, 07:49:37 AM
Yeah well where I live there is no rock stations, there is all country and one rap! And the rest is crappy old country and [poop] like that!
Quote from: Ashyra Nightwing on February 19, 2007, 04:57:58 AM
Music?

Ehehe. Ehehehehe. Ehe.

*excited*

[What The Ferret]? what are you talking about?

It's a band.

=D

Aqualis

~the mighta awualis