Next Turbo Reset

Started by Peace Alliance, February 02, 2007, 02:28:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peace Alliance

Next turbo reset will be on the 28th of February in the evening.

I won't take turns on my in game account withing 48 hours of the reset (just so you guys can be sure I'm not resetting specifically for my own purposes)

Alazar is Back

whatever you fell like doing! :P, marks calendar, thats the time to hit peace hard! any chance you could make a clan??? :-P
Turbo Highest Rank:Co-Emperor with Wolf Snare, Emperor

One of the most underrated players at RWL..

Peace Alliance

You can hit as hard as you like, i'm not overly interested in my final rank ;)

Alazar is Back

yeah, i know, its unlikely that i will be able to get on on that exact date anyways! hehe, but if it happens to be then heck i might as well sack you a bunch too :-P hahahahaha :wink:

Wolf Snare

can we get a change in turbo next set? something different than the same old thing we've been doing? I dont particularily care on the twist, all I know is that we desperately need one.
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Peace Alliance

Yep, gonna have a take down the emp round i think.

Wolf Snare

since those usually require alot of prep work to effectively take down the emperor, can we up the souting of every race by a certain amount like the last round had defence raised? just a suggestion since the player base has deminished and that we actually intend to be able to break the emp by the end of the round.  :-)
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Peace Alliance

The amount of land in the game only changes the increment in which we play. The more land there is, the higher the numbers we deal with are. But since it's higher for everyone, then in the end it doesn't really matter, right?

Imagine if we all were working with an average of about 10-100 acres. The challenge would be to get maybe a thousand troops in order to break through someone. Now change that to 10k-100k acres. Now we're working to get 1,000,000 to break people (hypothetically).

My point is,  i can up the scouting if you want, but really it only changes the increment in which we're playing. If i up the land amount, then i have to up the power of the emp, and thus you haven't really gained anything right?

Alazar is Back

yeah you wouldnt gain anything, any way you can just up the land a bit???

Wolf Snare

not necessarily. If the said emperor is too strong to break in the first place due to a miscalculation in our abilities and/or severe lack of land, we arent gaining anything and will still struggle to break him.
       Say you up the land and the emperor's defences,? and everyone worked together to make strictly cash. The rate in which the cash is produced would be greater due to more land, but since we have that land to work with, the cash will steadily increase.
This is compared to having very little land and each day bringing in very little cash, and making very little progress towards breaking the emperor.

So the question is, how do we make a safe assumption of how many troops the emperor should have based on how many players and how much land will be in the round, assuming there should still be a great challenge to it?

I'm only bringing this up because we usually just set the emperor up at a very distant networth made solely of heavy defences. This is good, but if there are only 5 people playing, and about 20k land to work with in total, we would not have the ability to mass the say 300 million stoats required to break him. So it would all be a matter of altering the emperors power based on recent activity in the turbo server, to determine an attainable yet still challenging goal. Right??  :?
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Alazar is Back

yeah.....what he said! RIGHT!

Peace Alliance

Actually, the more land you have, the more likely people will be over 100 mil NW. Once you go over 100 mil you start producing less resources per mission.

Besides, if you have less land and an easier emperor, then you don't have to make as much money... really it all works on a scale like that.

There should be just as much land next round to play with, unless you're expecting more people to quit. I don't find much of a shortage this round in land...

I can up the land if you want though, i'm just saying change the land and everything else pretty much goes up with it and all you're really doing is changing the plane on which you're playing. It doesn't give anything more of an advantage then normal.

Alazar is Back

im up for a little increase in land, it may make everything on a larger scale but oh well!