The Great Beast awakens.

Started by Gen. Volkov, January 24, 2007, 12:15:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gen. Volkov

It had been asleep for a long time. It could not remember it's own name at first, but then it did, like a light bulb coming on. Volkov, yes, Volkov, that was it. The great general slowly bestirred himself from his deep hibernation, and cast his green eyes upon his darkened lands. As he awoke, he thought, "So much potential once. Let us see what can be done about rousing that potential to action once again." He summoned his lieutenants, who themselves had been slumbering, seemingly until the end of time. They took a long time answering. When they arrived, he informed them simply, "Wake the men, start the fires of industry, let's revive this dead empire, and make it what it once was." And so, slowly, the countryside began to awake, and the surrounding lands began to hear the rumblings of war looming once again.

OOC: Yes people, I am considering playing again. I think school will not be as onerous this semester, and I might be able to afford the time.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Alazar is Back

OOC:are you serious? saweet! i have been waiting to play with/against you! :-P
Turbo Highest Rank:Co-Emperor with Wolf Snare, Emperor

One of the most underrated players at RWL..

Gen. Volkov

OOC: Yes, I am serious, but I'm not sure yet.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Alazar is Back

OOC: ok cool if you decide to give me a call! :P

Gen. Volkov

OOC: No worries, you'll be the one of the first to know.

Alazar is Back

OOC:ok sweet, you gonna be like Jeff Samardija arent you! lol :-P well you should aim me at alazar51891

Gen. Volkov

OOC: Er? How do you mean? If you mean my Horde name, I'm already in the game, one of the empires in Vaca. Like I said, I'll let you know. Now stop spammin my topic. LOL. If you are gonna post, make it RP or specify OOC.

Alazar is Back

IC:Alazar looks out his castle window past his mighty lands, looks like there's an old timer off in the distance...and hes leading a horde of senior rats! Is he friend or foe, i guess thats for him to decide................

Gen. Volkov

After a long preparation, done in secret, war has burst forth upon the land again. The great Hound has awoken, and all tremble at the sound of his mighty armies on the march. Volkov is at the head of those vast legions, leading the charge. He is slightly older, but much wiser. A far more deadly foe than ever before. He is back, seemingly from the dead. Among his enemies, terror awakes again, and among his allies, there is great rejoicing.

Wolf Snare

OOC: WOOOOT. welcome back into the swing of things, lets get this going :D
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Gen. Volkov

Gen. Volkov

A great blackness has fallen over the world. It has ceased to exist. But, during the weeks before that, Volkov and his grand army achieved glory. He had helped elevate himself and his allies to great heights, crushing all those who dared to challenge them. The great clan stood astride the world, like a Colossus, it's might unchallengeable, it's power unquestioned. His detractors had been silenced, and were struggling to survive. But that is over now, the world is gone and with it his grand empire and all he had accomplished. But he has managed to survive, as have his allies, if not their empires. He sits around the table, one that once hosted councils of war, and now simply hosts many tired vermin, and toasts them to a job well done. It is over, and they have done what they set out to do. And they look to the future, planning their moves in the world reborn...

taekwondokid42

Yet, unbeknownced to him, a new child was born, child of the emporors of old. Already, at an extremely young age, he shows great promise. His inexperience prevents him from threatening his opponents, but with time and patience, his opponents begin to see him for what he can become. They still don't think of him very much, but deep inside their hearts, a tremor of fear appears, knocking over the first domino in a long line.

The child's fresh eyes see their first taste of war. Twice given the chance, he mercifully let his opponents go live another day, only to see them kill his closest friend. Shocked, all he can do is stare, as they both turn towards him. Frozen, and unable to do anything, he drops his sword and watches his empire get ripped apart. Discouraged, he prepares himself with mental knowledge and strength, hardening his heart, and ridding himself of the kindness and mercy that had saved those who had killed him. Yet he wonders, if his knew heart is worse than his old one...

RazorClaw

OOC: it's amusing how pompous the rwl writing styles seem. ah well.
IC:
He stands and surveys the world before him. "Ravaged," he observes quietly to himself, his penetrating blue eyes darting from burnt tree to burnt tree. "It would seem that my contacts were somewhat correct anyway... there is nothing left here." He puts his paw to his head, closes his eyes, and thinks. Thinking and fighting are two things he does quite well, and always has. Captured by searats as a small boy, he was made a member of their crew after killing the first three rats who tried to eat him. Within six seasons he captained his own ship. Within another three he had found treasure, captured treasure, and single-handedly murdered his entire crew in order to keep treasure. Now he is looking for someplace to spend treasure. Or get more. Or both.

He stares forward on the beaten, torn path, pondering exactly what may lie beyond. "No matter," he decides, "I'll just keep going anyway. Somewhere there's got to be somebeast left alive. Or dead. There's got to be somebeast." He walks at a brisk and even pace forward, one hand rested on his sabre. Resources do not make victors -- victors make resources. This has always been his firm belief, and he knows he shall make some on this journey. He must. Otherwise... He would not be a victor. And this would be unacceptable.

taekwondokid42

ooc: is anyone going to reply, or should I take it from there?