Wolf Bite can you help me?

Started by Alazar is Back, January 10, 2007, 05:44:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blood Wake

I am Emperor Cornswallow Balthazar Eradicus Shunt VII, ruler of the Blood Wake empire.

picture made by my brother Klowd19

My project, Fasba Fpel broke world records and collaborated with some incredible musicians. Download the free music or watch videos:
h

Gen. Volkov

I wouldn't take a bunch of land and then go on vaca. That's a move only a jerk would pull.

Ok, how about this, long term vaca and short term vaca. If you know that you don't have the time for RWL for awhile, you go on long term vaca, which has land limitations on it. If you are only going to be away for a bit, there is short term, which boots you out of vaca after a set time period?
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Gen. Volkov

And we stop posting... activity levels here are freaking weird.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Ruddertail

Or maybe just make it so vaccy has land limits period? Either you can't go into vaccy with more then a certain amount, or if you go into vaccy with more then the certain amount, the excess gets dumped into LL scouting.

Because... yeah. It's kinda annoying to have to come back every month to go back on vacation again. Plus, eventually, wouldn't all those idle times eventually add up so that you'd die of inactivity? You'd have to remember to use turns. And what if you got booted during a period where you couldn't actually be on? You'd certainly die of inactivity, then...

I mean... people are quite capable of prodding people to come back. The game doesn't need to do it. And making people come back once a month to keep the account on vacation is annoying. It's easy enough to prevent hogging land. No need to have the game boot people out of vacation.
Kyle says:
"what happens if the land farm drops land"

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II (@ Kilk) on June 12, 2011, 06:16:11 PM
Sober up you fool!

23   ?   Land Farm (Free Land) (#39)   20,779   $23,671,428   Worship   Rat   Southsward

Alazar is Back

I think a limit of about 30k land should be put on vacationers, thats not to bad plus it will discourage some, as wolf said you should be able to make it to a computer in a month unless you are in jail!
Turbo Highest Rank:Co-Emperor with Wolf Snare, Emperor

One of the most underrated players at RWL..

Wolf Snare

so would you be able to make an exception for me if I go to the slammer for a while?  :-D  :wink:
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Alazar is Back

Quote from: Wolf Snare on April 04, 2007, 01:31:35 AM
so would you be able to make an exception for me if I go to the slammer for a while?? :-D? :wink:

well, if that happened then noone here would be surprised......(did i just say that out loud?!?!?)......oops :-D

Shadow

volkov you have complained about not having time to play in almost every thread ive seen yet.. if you have time to complain so much, you could easily play the game... it doesnt take long to run turns

all you do is sit on vacation. instead of spending all kinds of time here telling us why you are on vacation, skip the forums and play the game - after all, you had time to get where you are now

i think that people who are on vacation for a significant time should not be ranked after the reset
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Peace Alliance

Why shouldn't they be ranked? They simply have no time to play competitively.

And the fact that he still comes around to talk to us on the forums is one i'm quite happy about. I like that he's here, and he's bragging because he knows there are enough of us still here who remember that for the most part, he can back those remarks up.

Taking turns doesn't always take time... thinking them through, using them at the right time, politics, spying, defending... those things take time. you can still play the game without all those things, but how could he back up his claims?

Gen. Volkov

Shadow,

It takes me little time to go through the forums and read everything, and respond. I can do it in five minutes, because I read fast, and I type fairly fast. About one or two nights a week, I have the time to get on and stay on for a bit. That does not give me sufficient time to play. When I play promi, I get very involved. Promi has consistently eaten my time and my homework when I do play. I have been playing this game since it's very inception, so I know very well what I would do if I were to start playing again. That last time I played was LAST SUMMER. That is when I got to my present NW. I am going to say this one more time, and that's it. I will be playing when classes let out for summer. Until then, shut up about it.

Unless there is something I missed, those on vaca are not ranked any longer. Also, reg does not reset, only turbo does. Reg might reset if/when they get the new version of the game beta tested and ready to be released.

Thanks for your comments PA.

Alazar is Back

I, for one am happy that volky is still on the forums, i really like to piss him off and such.

I do wish that he played though id like to see what he's got and maybe even fight with him, i will not brag about my promi skills, but believe it or not i know how to put myself into favorable postions, surounding myself with allies when needed.

Gorak

you need ally's to take on Volky?
what ever happened to one on one?
Victory without honour, is more shameful then defeat.

cloud

this game has never been about 1v1
"Through the wonders of scientific and mathematical reasoning, we can now reasonable infer that "cloud" is in fact "a bear"."
-Kilk

Once an emperor, always an emperor...

Gen. Volkov

QuoteI, for one am happy that volky is still on the forums, i really like to piss him off and such.

Heh, watch out Ally, I might leave just to spite you.

QuoteI do wish that he played though id like to see what he's got and maybe even fight with him, i will not brag about my promi skills, but believe it or not i know how to put myself into favorable postions, surounding myself with allies when needed

As do I, we shall see what's what very soon here.