Metallica
Aerosmith
The Beatles
Allman Brothers
Lynrd Skynrd (sp?)
Other (name)

Gorak

Quote from: Gen. Volkov on January 12, 2007, 08:48:13 AM
You're a death metal guy? Heh. Finnish Death Metal at that. Yeah, those two are alright.

to the bone!!!
lol

Scandinavian Death Metal is amongst me favs (mostly finnish and swedesh)
Victory without honour, is more shameful then defeat.

Alazar is Back

i dont know exactly what that is but when i get limewire or somehting on my laptop ill have to download em' and see for myself, if its rock music ill probably like i though.   8-)
Turbo Highest Rank:Co-Emperor with Wolf Snare, Emperor

One of the most underrated players at RWL..

Wolf Snare

Tough choices.. I've voted other, being Pink Floyd. followed closely by old Metallica music, Zepplin and Black Sabbath. You listed some really good bands, hard to decide. Good poll.
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Alazar is Back

ahh.....pink floyd another classic! i love em! has anybody ever heard the remake of the wall by korn thats an awesome remake too! lol i need to get a life the only two things i know anything about is football and rock music.... :-D

Gen. Volkov

1) Alazar, none of the music you listen would exist if it wasn't for the Beatles. They are the original rock band. There would be no Zeppelin without the Beatles.

2) You talk alot dude. LOL.

Gorak, I like the scandinavian stuff a bit, but I'm mostly into 70's and 80's hard rock/metal.

Thanks Snare, I thought it was a good poll too. Plus I was getting tired of the only poll being about bands I don't really like.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Arguia Zsah

I think I'll have to go for the Beatles... I don't know any of the other bands that well xD

Gorak

here is the history of my musical tastes

I grew up listening to what my parents did, which was mostly 60's and 70's rock, like Bob Seiger, Janis Joplin, CCR, Guess Who, BTO, Beatles, Rolling Stones, Pink Floyd, ect, ect.
Then, when I was 8, I heard Metallica for the first time. Within 2 seconds of hearing them (I had never heard metal before) I became a die  hard metalhead. Shortly after hearing them, I finally discovered what would probably be considered my all time favorite band, Megadeth! I then started to get into 80's hair metal, bands like Whitesnake, The Scorpions, Def Leopard, Harem Scarem, ect. But then, I discovered Pantera, Slayer, and White Zombie and suddenly, nothing was heavy enough. About that time, I also started gettin into Industrial with bands like NIN, Fear Factory, KMFDM, Geezer and later, Ramstein. Also, in there somewhere, I started listening to Sepultera, and thats the band that led me to start listening to European melodic death metal bands like In Flames (they sounded alot different back then then they do now) as well as at about the same time I got into Sepultera, I discovered Type O Negative, and started getting into Goth as well with bands like Paradise lost, Lacuna Coil, The Gathering, Sentenced, ect. Since then, my tastes haven't changed much, cept I found I really don't like mainstream music at all, and I am always looking for new music!

that about sums it up
bottom line, Metallica (though I don't much like them anymore) was prolly the most influential band in my life

Aqualis

Trying to choose has caused pain. Therefore, I have no chosen.
"Less talky, more drivey." ~Hawk, Applegeeks Issue #161

~the mighta awualis

Alazar is Back

out of all the new bands you  listed the only one i do like/know is lacuna coil. They have a chick singer right?? but yeah that about sums up my musical past too! except i got into def leaperd was probabaly the most influential band of my life and my first fav. rock/metal band! then i went into alot of mettalica and ac/dc, i remember my first fav. ac song was big balls.....lol then when i got into the fourth grade i started geting into bands like papa roach rage against the machine(which i really cant stand anymore) and all the other mainstream hard rock/metal :) by the end of my fourth grade year i went to the ozzfest were i saw a few notable people like: Mariln Manson(put on an awesome show), Slipknot(was awesome with their masks and like 3 sets of hydraulic drums), ozzy of course, and papa roach! from their on i wen to whats called an x-fest! a radio station festival in the twin cities! where i saw:Kid rock,papa roach,sevendust,static-x,incubus, and alot of others that i cannot remember right now! then last year i went to a country music festival called we-fest (the biggest one in the world!) where now i like select few country songs......but there was so many hot chicks there......i would say well over half of the 70k people there were hot chicks! lol i carried alot of beads with me!

Gorak

merrit mountain music fest here is bigger country music fest
every year they pack in from 200000-400000 people,
and it's a bad one, considered second only to marty gras for highest amount of rape, and there are usually fatalities there as well
2 years ago, 2 people died, one woman was raped and had her throat slit, another got so drunk she passed out face down in a creek that was only 8" deep and drowned

it's gotta be the most disgusting cess pool of human filth and debauchery on the face of the planet

Alazar is Back

hahaha lol, well then its the biggest one in our country! lol i am human and can make mistakes not to mention in most cases i have terrible memory! except for music for some reason...... :-P

The Lady Shael

A lot of the music I listen to is emo-ish...my favorite bands are Boys Like Girls, All-American Rejects, blink-182, Breaking Benjamin, hellogoodbye, Three Days Grace, Staind, Yellowcard, Five for Fighting....etc.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Alazar is Back

i am a very widespread fan of music! i love all music.....i like a little country, select few rap songs, oldies(johnny cash), rock, metal, punk rock, like the emo stuff you listed! the only music i absolutely hate all of is that boy-band/pop poo! they are so annoying, i dont even know how they call themselves a band when they dont play no instruments!

Gen. Volkov

The same way rappers can call themselves artists. Rap is teh crap.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Alazar is Back

yeah, but like i said i like a few songs.....not very much but i think eminem is awesome! otherwise i like about 5 or 6 songs!